Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 06:23 AM   #21
notanlines

John (Deer30084) you'll find darn few backers of Tow-max, Blow-max, Trailer-King, etc tires on this site. For every story of "Oh, mine lasted ten years" uh huh, like that ever happened, there are five stories of "Mine blew out the side of my RV after 8 months."
Almost all the regulars here hate Trailer King with a passion.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
Old 09-08-2021, 06:44 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
Obviously, my post has lured the TK defenders out of the woodwork. Whaddya think Jasin1? TK tires blow up because of poor construction and poor materials. It has nothing to do with UV, pinholes in the cover, rotation, inflation, etc. They are probably made by child slave labor in China. The defenders of TK tires here are probably TK employees, importers of TK tires or Keystone decision makers who chose China bombs to mount on new travel trailers to "get more bang for their buck." (pun intended) None of my Goodyear, BF Goodrich, Bridgestone or Firestone tires ever blew up. There's a reason travel trailer manufacturers put China bombs on new units. Money.
Are you "trolling for a forum fight" ???? You've been around this forum long enough to know that Keystone decision makers don't monitor this site, no member approves of "slave labor" and nobody is a TK employee or importer of TK tires. Those accusations serve no purpose except to inflame others to respond and escalate bad feelings.

I'd have to ask: Why did you even have a TK tire as a spare after YOUR experience with them in your previous thread: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=46679

In the first post of that thread, you state: "We were at a FL state park and called roadside service that put on our spare." and go on to state: "My Keystone Passport now equipped with 4 Goodyear Endurance ST205-75R-14 Load range D tires. Will never buy Chinese tires after this experience." You start this thread with: "The attached photos of my never used spare tire on the back of my 2018 Keystone Passport Ultralite"

Is there any reason why you would trust a used spare on the back of your trailer to be better than the 4 on the ground??? Wouldn't it be "expected" that all 5 tires were from the same brand, same manufacture time frame, same quality ??? Why would you expect that "single tire used as a spare" to be any better than the four you already replaced?

It doesn't look to me, that there's any "new or earth shattering information" in finding the spare essentially is the same low quality as the other four tires. What's surprising is that you didn't replace that one when replacing the others....

As for people "defending Trailer King tires" ???? How do you read that into either of your threads?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 09-08-2021, 07:05 AM   #23
deer30084

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtjh View Post
are you "trolling for a forum fight" ???? You've been around this forum long enough to know that keystone decision makers don't monitor this site, no member approves of "slave labor" and nobody is a tk employee or importer of tk tires. Those accusations serve no purpose except to inflame others to respond and escalate bad feelings.

I'd have to ask: Why did you even have a tk tire as a spare after your experience with them in your previous thread: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=46679

in the first post of that thread, you state: "we were at a fl state park and called roadside service that put on our spare." and go on to state: "my keystone passport now equipped with 4 goodyear endurance st205-75r-14 load range d tires. Will never buy chinese tires after this experience." you start this thread with: "the attached photos of my never used spare tire on the back of my 2018 keystone passport ultralite"

is there any reason why you would trust a used spare on the back of your trailer to be better than the 4 on the ground??? Wouldn't it be "expected" that all 5 tires were from the same brand, same manufacture time frame, same quality ??? Why would you expect that "single tire used as a spare" to be any better than the four you already replaced?

It doesn't look to me, that there's any "new or earth shattering information" in finding the spare essentially is the same low quality as the other four tires. What's surprising is that you didn't replace that one when replacing the others....

As for people "defending trailer king tires" ???? How do you read that into either of your threads?
not worth a reply.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:06 AM   #24
wiredgeorge

Perhaps all threads with "China Bomb" or similar in the title should be monitored carefully as they do appear to be trolls. When I first bought my current camper my spare developed a bulge indicating the insides had split a bit and a few days later I found chunks all over the ground behind my camper (parked in its home slip). I didn't think to bring this to the attention of the forum. My spare is now covered and air pressure checked prior to going out on the road.

Oh and at least the usual tire experts have managed to restrain themselves from getting into a urinary Olympics over arcane tire trivia. Thanks for the restraint guys!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
Old 09-08-2021, 07:08 AM   #25
Ken / Claudia

There was another theory I read about the spares blowing up. THEORY! as far as I know no proof. A tire that never spins could be loosing the oils? inside the whole tire as just sits in that position for years instead of rolling. With gravity making the oils settle to the bottom of the tire and rot happens faster at the top. The top being the hottest place in the tire and weakness part.
There are tire experts on this site, I am not one. That might be able to call BS on what I read/printed or validate it.
As John put it and I learned many years ago, replace all tires on a RV not 1, 2 or 4. All including spare. Rotate the spare onto the trailer to exercise it. I do and did my TT last year, all summer I ran the spare tire/wheel. The last set of TT tires the spare never hit the road and went with the other 4 into recycle. On my boat I rotate the spare's, I have 2 for that.
If you can mount the RV spare under the trailer or carry in in the truck bed, they might last longer.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:09 AM   #26
deer30084

I knew there would be attacks by the TK defenders. They can't take the truth.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:13 AM   #27
deer30084

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Perhaps all threads with "China Bomb" or similar in the title should be monitored carefully as they do appear to be trolls. When I first bought my current camper my spare developed a bulge indicating the insides had split a bit and a few days later I found chunks all over the ground behind my camper (parked in its home slip). I didn't think to bring this to the attention of the forum. My spare is now covered and air pressure checked prior to going out on the road.

Oh and at least the usual tire experts have managed to restrain themselves from getting into a urinary Olympics over arcane tire trivia. Thanks for the restraint guys!
Aw. Another TK defender. My post is the truth and real.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:15 AM   #28
deer30084

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
John (Deer30084) you'll find darn few backers of Tow-max, Blow-max, Trailer-King, etc tires on this site. For every story of "Oh, mine lasted ten years" uh huh, like that ever happened, there are five stories of "Mine blew out the side of my RV after 8 months."
Almost all the regulars here hate Trailer King with a passion.
Yes. The insanity is starting to show.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:31 AM   #29
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
I knew there would be attacks by the TK defenders. They can't take the truth.

A previous post pointed out inconsistencies in your posts about your TK experience(s). You then stated it wasn't worth a reply - I'm assuming because you can't explain those inconsistencies. From there your posts are consistent with trolling with no other goal than to start a forum argument or make asinine remarks to members that don't make any sense.

There are very few "TK defenders" on this forum and no Keystone presence to benefit from your remarks. IMO your statements lack credibility and serve no useful purpose for the membership. Guess that makes me a TK defender now??
Old 09-08-2021, 07:36 AM   #30
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
not worth a reply.
Reading between the lines, this response furthers the suspicion that this thread is intended to "troll the membership".

Thread closed.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Closed Thread