Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2021, 07:06 PM   #1
roberthensley491

2020 Keystone Fuzion 367 Impact toyhauler frig stop working

Just crazy that a major builder like Keystone can have such poor quality control. I have a 2020 Keystone 367 Fuzion Impact Edition Toy haul bought August 2020. Camped in it just a few trips and second major problem with the frig. First problem was when we picked it up, my mistake I was in a hurry to get home, picked trailer up in Kansas and was heading home to Idaho, so I did not have dealer turn the frig on, I just assumed it would be good. Get it home turn frig on and a breaker pops. Reset it and it breaks again. Cannot figure it out, finally traced every appliance on that breaker and determined it was the frig. Took to dealer and they found the mother board was attached to the back of the frig metal to metal no protective rubber case so it fried the board. Keystone refused to fix saying I must of removed it, like that’s what we do with brand new trailers. Lucky the dealer in Kansas, Becker’s trailers stepped up and paid for the repairs, but how did it even pass quality control, lucky it did not burn the trailer down. They replaced the board. Did not camp for a few months, fired up frig worked great inside my garage, took it camping and it stopped cooling all together. Took to dealer they said cooling unit burnt out because keystone factory installed it wrong. Had the cooling fans backwards, had the fan switch wired wrong, no instillation or ducat work to push air/heat out vents, which dealers claims caused the cooling unit to fail. $2000 to $4000 fix. Of course trailer is now one year, 10 days old, and 10 days past Keystones one year warranty, they said not their problem, no warranty with them, lucky Norcold has 3 year warranty and will cover replacement. But how is crap getting thru any quality control if u even have one. Pretty sad these trailer companies have no pride in workmanship and refuse to back their products when they know it’s their fault. Just needed to vent, so getting done with camping, u expect new stuff should work a few years.
roberthensley491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 07:22 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Sorry to hear about your troubles…but having worked as a tech for a while now, I can assure that KEYSTONE didn’t install the control board or the fans. The fridge comes as a complete unit, keystone factory workers slide the whole thing into the hole and attach the 12VDC to the connections and plug the 110VAC plug into the outlet.

Fans installed backwards MAY be a Norcold issue, but I still maintain that the dealer swapped out the board to get another unit “over the curb” and in their haste didn’t put the replacement board in correctly.

In either case it’s NOT keystone and I doubt the QC person at the factory knows EVERY detail of installation of EVERY appliance.

I’m not here to blame or defend anybody because I don’t know the history of THIS unit from factory to retail sale, only drawing on 10+ yrs of working on RV’s.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 08:02 PM   #3
roberthensley491

Thanks for the info. It does seem weird that this frig had so many issues.
roberthensley491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 03:59 AM   #4
xrated

I agree 100% with what Chuckster wrote. It's the same way with a microwave, the water heater, the furnace, etc, etc. that is installed in RV units....Keystone and the rest of the industry. All that stuff is built at a factory and shipped to the trailer manufacturer and installed by them. They didn't build the fridge....they just installed it.

I also agree that the dealer is most likely the cause of the circuit board being metal to metal. Like Chuckster said, they very likely had a unit ready to go out the door and the fridge didn't work so they grabbed one from your trailer and ordered a new board....and didn't put it back together correctly when they did. Sloppy, sloppy work, which would turn on a light bulb for me and I would likely NEVER use that dealership for any type of service work.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 04:18 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

"But how is crap getting thru any quality control if u even have one."

I doubt you thought this but just to be clear, Keyston Corp, nor any of it's employees have ever logged into this site to anyone's knowledge. Obviously the dealer did not fo a proper PDI and in your haste it was missed by the "final inspector" the customer. I'm not defending Keystone and certainly not blaming you for your misfortune but just pointihg out the necessity for conducting a proper PDI before hitching up.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion, keystone, toyhauler