Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2021, 04:17 PM   #1
cfickjr

2021 Fuzion 424 grey/black tank

Trying to figure out the four (4) pull handles for the gre/black tank. I have a one (1) grey and one (1) black pull handle in the water control compartment, one (1) grey pull handle before the triple axle, and one (1) black pull handle after the triple axle. The manual sucks, can't seem to find info online, the walk around/fimalary walk-thru at the dealer was very very lacking and barely informative....I knew more than the associate. Thanks in advance.
cfickjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 04:22 PM   #2
RamminTime

2021 Fuzion 424 grey/black tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfickjr View Post
Trying to figure out the four (4) pull handles for the gre/black tank. I have a one (1) grey and one (1) black pull handle in the water control compartment, one (1) grey pull handle before the triple axle, and one (1) black pull handle after the triple axle. The manual sucks, can't seem to find info online, the walk around/fimalary walk-thru at the dealer was very very lacking and barely informative....I knew more than the associate. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like it’s setup as my 373 is. The front bathroom (sink and shower) exit to a grey tank handle up front, the master toilet leads to a the black tank handle up front. Then, the kitchen sink leads to the second grey tank. The back sink/toilet exit into the second black tank. This came from my Fuzion rep.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:24 PM   #3
ACJCF2

That sounds correct RamminTime.
Retired Asst. Fire Chief
Keep Calm, Play Tuba
ACJCF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 04:35 PM   #4
cfickjr

Thank you. That is what we were thinking. So funny story (you may laugh), we were never told about the back tanks or that there was more than 1 black and 1 grey. We finally got the camper hooked up and set and figured we would test everything. We run all water faucets and flush toilets (we never use toilet before ensuring proper functioning). Found that the master shower is not draining. So I go to hook up the stinky slinky and open the cap and get drenched by water....again, no true black water. Rescue the cap and begin investigating, found the two pull handles along the frame. Not happy nor impressed with the dealership at all.
Old 03-07-2021, 05:22 PM   #5
RamminTime

Quote:
Thank you. That is what we were thinking. So funny story (you may laugh), we were never told about the back tanks or that there was more than 1 black and 1 grey. We finally got the camper hooked up and set and figured we would test everything. We run all water faucets and flush toilets (we never use toilet before ensuring proper functioning). Found that the master shower is not draining. So I go to hook up the stinky slinky and open the cap and get drenched by water....again, no true black water. Rescue the cap and begin investigating, found the two pull handles along the frame. Not happy nor impressed with the dealership at all.

Good thing new and not true black...[emoji28]
Old 03-08-2021, 05:00 AM   #6
ACJCF2

Black Tank

No joke, glad it was just clear water. It's too bad your dealer was lacking. Camp in it if possible then make a punch list for correction. Once all are repaired, talk to management and if you get not satisfaction then blister them in the dealer website comments section.
Retired Asst. Fire Chief
Keep Calm, Play Tuba
ACJCF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:18 AM   #7
LewisB

Quote:
BTDT - but with true black water

If you ever leave one of the valves open after dumping, then install the cap, it is pretty easy to "get a bath" on the next use. Many of us install a "last chance" valve right at the end of the 3" flushing line just ahead of the cap. That way, you have a visible valve that protects you during cap removal, even if you left a dump valve open or you have one leaking by. I cut the 3" lines (two lines like you have) and glued in a new valve near each cap. I think Camco makes a twist-on valve that can be installed right on the end of your existing line. This would be easy to steal - and removing and reinstalling it during use sort of by-passes the whole reason I want to leave it in place. Lastly, having this valve on the end of the line will allow you to "balance" your gray tanks - it is easy to fill up the shower tank and not have much in the galley tank - or vise versa. By closing your last chance valve, you can open both gray tank valves and at least balance the level between them.

The downside of doing this is that these valves will be "outside" the protection of the underbelly and potentially subject to freezing - something to consider. If we are getting into cold weather, I will leave these valves in the open state with the caps installed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Adapter...%2C239&sr=1-30

Good luck!
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:07 AM   #8
travelin texans

Name:   download (3).jpeg
Views: 652
Size:  7.4 KB
Pickup this cap, always connect the sewer inlet connection securely 1st, then while holding the hose underneath remove the small cap, it's much easier to catch/control a 3/4" stream than a 3" gusher! BTDT as has most everyone that's rv'd for a while.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:13 PM   #9
Mike Honcho

Had an 08 Fuzion 373. Now in a new 427. The tank setup is fantastic to end with a clean flush. Dump black tanks first. Then grey that also has kitchen water. Last the "clean" gray that is only shower and bath sink water. Sometimes I make the kids take a shower before we leave to fill the last grey tank.

I also installed an expandable "stinky slinky" tube underneath in the rear so this never goes "in" the RV. Modified it with a 1/4" drain hole at bottom near each end cap. Hose goes in fairly clean, can still drain, and water can drip out.
Mike Honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 01:37 PM   #10
cfickjr

Just happen to be in Walmart and saw that camco last chance valve. I figured I would spend the $25 and get it, just hope no one is so desperate to steal it.

Chris and Pamela
2021 Fuzion 424
2020 F-350 King Ranch
Old 03-10-2021, 02:29 PM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Just happen to be in Walmart and saw that camco last chance valve. I figured I would spend the $25 and get it, just hope no one is so desperate to steal it.
You can always leave your "main black tank valve" open... That way if anyone is "dishonest enough to steal your last chance valve" you'll be able to follow the "poop trail" to recover it....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:08 AM   #12
MisaLetet

����������������
MisaLetet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:39 AM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaLetet View Post
����������������
Do you have a question or a comment about the thread ?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 05-03-2021, 12:07 PM   #14
travelin texans

Quote:
Full-timed for 10+ years all across the country in about every kind of park/campground you can imagine leaving grill, chairs, EMS, & whatever we may have needed/wanted outside & never had anything sprout legs & wander off.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:19 PM   #15
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Full-timed for 10+ years all across the country in about every kind of park/campground you can imagine leaving grill, chairs, EMS, & whatever we may have needed/wanted outside & never had anything sprout legs & wander off.
Especially anything missing that has to do with the "poo end of the trailer"... If I were a thief and was looking around RV's for something to pack off, it sure wouldn't be anything that stunk or that dripped gooey poo ...... I think the terminal valve is about as safe "just twisted on there" as it would be "locked by a high dollar security device".... Who would "steal crap" ??? On second thought, no need to answer that rhetorical question ...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 06-27-2021, 11:09 AM   #16
MisaLetet

I received the same informs directly from Keystone via email.
Old 06-27-2021, 11:15 AM   #17
MisaLetet

Oh, boy just saw this. I don't know why there are black diamond question marks and I don't remember if I had a question or comment now. My 2016 Fuzion 414 has been quite the mystery rig.
Old 07-02-2021, 12:21 PM   #18
alrothel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamminTime View Post
Sounds like it’s setup as my 373 is. The front bathroom (sink and shower) exit to a grey tank handle up front, the master toilet leads to a the black tank handle up front. Then, the kitchen sink leads to the second grey tank. The back sink/toilet exit into the second black tank. This came from my Fuzion rep.
I also have a 2021 Fuzion 424 and this is how mine are.
alrothel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, fuzion, tank