Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2021, 05:28 PM   #1
Shortimer

Need a new mattress recommendation

Hi campers. Lol, I made a funny 😄.
We are in need of a budget friendly yet comfortable residential size Queen mattress for the new trailer. This factory one ain't gonna cut it. Any recommendations?
Shortimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 05:38 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortimer View Post
We are in need of a budget friendly yet comfortable residential size Queen mattress for the new trailer. This factory one ain't gonna cut it. Any recommendations?

Your certainly not the first, nor will you be the last (far from it), that find the OE bed mattress is junk. Many folks buy many kinds/brands of mattresses to replace the ones in their new trailers. Some want fancy, some are happy with a topper and others want something in between.

We tried toppers; at home, in the RV etc.; they just don't work for us. We do however have mattress "savers" on all our mattresses. We've had Serta, Simmons etc. that we've put in our RVs but between weight, cost and all the other variables I kept searching. I have now landed on Denver Mattress. Don't know where all they sell but they have all kinds of mattresses that fit all kinds of tastes and budgets - and the manager of our local store has been there 30+ years and is just super helpful. You might look into them if you they are in your area. Ours has a very large showroom with many dozens of mattresses you can try.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 06:15 PM   #3
rhagfo

If yours is a residential size simply go to good mattress store and find one you like a just buy the mattress.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 06:18 PM   #4
BubbaShoots

I have been most pleased with Brooklyn Bedding hybrid model, but they have several models. Great website and delivery to your door in about 10 days. Family business located in Phoenix AZ. They offer numerous specialty sizes for RV’s. If you purchase, unroll inside your RV, on the bed.
WeighSafe True Tow WDH
SoftStart on both AC’s, 2 Honda 2200 generators connected in parallel
Retired, 1 wife, 2 dogs
BubbaShoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 06:27 PM   #5
slow

We went the IKEA route and it has been good value for us. When we traded in our previous trailer for a new FW, we had the tech swap the mattresses during the PDI. It is now on its eighth thirty night average season and still provides a comfortable surface without the use of a topper. But our annual use is low.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:47 PM   #6
Heavy_Chevy
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Your certainly not the first, nor will you be the last (far from it), that find the OE bed mattress is junk. Many folks buy many kinds/brands of mattresses to replace the ones in their new trailers. Some want fancy, some are happy with a topper and others want something in between.

We tried toppers; at home, in the RV etc.; they just don't work for us. We do however have mattress "savers" on all our mattresses. We've had Serta, Simmons etc. that we've put in our RVs but between weight, cost and all the other variables I kept searching. I have now landed on Denver Mattress. Don't know where all they sell but they have all kinds of mattresses that fit all kinds of tastes and budgets - and the manager of our local store has been there 30+ years and is just super helpful. You might look into them if you they are in your area. Ours has a very large showroom with many dozens of mattresses you can try.
X2 on the Denver Mattress. Ours is better than the Serta we had in the house. I don’t think we’d still be full timing if Mama bear hadn’t got the mattress she wanted.
Heavy_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 05:59 AM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Finding the "right" matress depends upon which bear you are, Goldilocks tried 2 before she found the "just right" one. It's all subjective as is a "reasonable cost" which to one may mean $100, someone else $1,000.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:16 AM   #8
wiredgeorge

We bought our home king size mattress as Billy Bob's Beds in San Antonio; 14" pillow top. When we bought the mattress for our camper, bought the queen version. Two issues; first, it is about a foot longer than the trailer queen mattress so I had to put a piece of plywood at the end of our bed platform so it didn't sink and second had to learn not to bash my brains out when sitting up quickly as the overhead cabinets are about 18" above our heads. Any mattress store will have the mattress that makes you happy and with a residential size your choices can be as varied as all the "this is what I got" opinions on this site.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 03:47 AM   #9
Weldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortimer View Post
We bought this one early last year and have no complaints. It came super-compressed in a box. Fairly heavy but has foam and springs. It's obviously popular because we paid $145. Last month it was $260+ but is currently on sale for $180.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WVNBMD2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_IsHhYM6iYjGm2
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 04:55 PM   #10
Life-in-Him

We went to Big Lots for something else. They had 3" kingsizr mattress toppers on sale for $125. Bought 1 which came with quilted cover.

Out rig has trailer king so cut 6" off the long side to match our 76x80 & put it on top of the "original.

Was not a solution!!

We struggled to get what we called the divot king out of the unit.

Bought a second 3"er & cut the excess off.

Put a 1" backpacker mat under my side since I need a stiffer mattress.

After 6 months on the new 6" self adjusting bed, we sleep soundly.

Only need is to let it vent for several days.
Life-in-Him is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mattress