Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2019, 12:58 PM   #1
schrambo

2019 Montana 20 year anniversary edition

We bought our Montana in May. Since then we have had the microwave/convection replaced and toilet replaced. flush valve would not hold water. The new microwave/convection oven I have not had a chance to use but this week I will. The other one took 8 min to heat cup of water! Didn't cook frozen dinner.
If I still have that same problem how can I get Keystone to replace with another model since were still on the warranty.
We have had drawer fall apart or pull away from frame. Trim has fallen off.
Its a shame that this model which always had the top notch representation of quality.
Any thoughts? Suggestions
schrambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:32 PM   #2
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrambo View Post
We bought our Montana in May. Since then we have had the microwave/convection replaced and toilet replaced. flush valve would not hold water. The new microwave/convection oven I have not had a chance to use but this week I will. The other one took 8 min to heat cup of water! Didn't cook frozen dinner.
If I still have that same problem how can I get Keystone to replace with another model since were still on the warranty.
We have had drawer fall apart or pull away from frame. Trim has fallen off.
Its a shame that this model which always had the top notch representation of quality.
Any thoughts? Suggestions
You’re still under warranty, if you have issues just go back to your dealer. I doubt you will have any problems. As for quality of the Montana, a microwave and toilet are bolt in parts made by a company that provides RV parts, not Keystone. They are the same parts used by many high end RV manufacturers, but parts can and do fail. Trim pieces do shrink or staples can pop. When your RV travels down the road at 65 mph, it’s twists and torques and trim pieces are usually the first casualty of these actions. Trust me, other brands that do not use double welded walls and dyna span floor have much more twisting and torquing and many more trim problems, especially on 40’ 5th wheels. As for the drawer, all I can say is stuff happens. If those are the only problems you’re having, enjoy your new Montana.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:45 PM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Unless you have some other, more serious issues that you haven't mentioned your chances of getting a replacement trailer is nil. You have listed some very minor issues so I believe you would be better off rethinking your expectations.

Let's make a comparison. Let's say you bought a Cadillac, or Lincoln Navigator, or go bigger bucks and make the hypothetical a Bentley. Do really think if the radio failed and the 'lid fell off the center console the manufacturer would replace the car?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana