Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2019, 10:21 AM   #21
Northofu1

Some or most of you may have seen this, just a reminder.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:21 PM   #22
Jeremy888

Now that was a 5 star stand up comedy routine ..,well done sirs .Man made global warming and the nut cases who push it is definately a joke and a hoax . Even the US Govt was in on the hoax changing official temperature data to march the false narrative .I'm not buying it and I'm not alone.

Back on a serious note I want to strongly agree with flybouy's description of some people driving their Diesel like a Gas truck . Especially not warming up and cooling down. Driving to the market and back with no tow requires no cool down, but after a long fast or hard run ,especially when towing , I idle it 7 to 10 minutes at a minimum . I always let it it warm from a cold start at least 5 minutes and usually 10 ..On cold days your reward is jumping into a warm cab . Also Diesels require much more maintenance than gas... ,fuel snd air filter changes, and injector care, HPOP flush as I mentioned above... I paid cash for my truck after saving for a long time with the intention of it being my last truck. 19 years and counting. Maintenance is the key no matter what truck you own . Also flybouy is spot on concerning comparing apples to oranges... Dad taught me to take care of things , and it is so ingrained in my way of thinking that I treat the property of others the same as if it were my own ... .Dad said when you borrow something you return it better than when you got it, and if you ask again it will probably be loaned again . Give it back with a full tank of gas..a clean up ,whatever... yup it pays off .. .
Jeremy888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 03:01 PM   #23
notanlines

Jeremy, two things your dad maybe kept from you: If a loaned tool is going to break, it will break at the exact moment of first use by the borrower. And if you have the need to borrow a tool a second time, then you have a need to BUY this tool.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:23 PM   #24
Jeremy888

Yup you re absolutely right Notanlines . I stopped borrowing tools long ago, Now I got a full shop and no where to put it all in the RV . So as sailors say I'm Schooner Rigged ...in the RV .. A real Schooner Rig in a seabag.... is a toothbrush and a bottle of Scotch !
Jeremy888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:41 PM   #25
gearhead

Y'all must know I'll be the last to get an alternative powered vehicle.
I used to follow Formula 1 racing but now they're running hybrids and I have absolutely no interest. I could understand DOHC Cosworth engines but forget a hybrid. I will admit to riding in a coworkers (from California) Prius hybrid. My niece and her husband have a Tesla but I'll never be offered a ride in it. The snowflakes had to eat Thanksgiving dinner alone in a separate room Thanksgiving of 2016. They were so depressed.
So Wednesday morning we're leaving Charleston for Charlotte. (Assuming I don't rip my roof open on the low limbs getting out of here). World of Outlaws Sprint Car finals on the Dirt Track at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Weather forecast just keeps getting worse. Overnight lows to 28F. I'm ready.
Edit add...the Hulman family is selling Indy Motor Speedway, Indy Racing League, and the sports car series to Roger Penske. Mr. Penske will surely bring back open wheel racing to some form of its previous glory. Maybe I WILL go to an Indy race again.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:10 AM   #26
slimchancepistolero

"Toyota is the best truck? Have you driven one? Have you looked at the fuel mileage?
Did you know Toyota is paying to replace whole frames on trucks because they are rusting out?"
i do not know IF totoya is the best trk, but i do know starting in 2009 i bought several tundras TRD 5.7 ... gas mileage ran between 16 and 18 mpg hand calculated local driving and 10 to 11 mpg hc towing 8000#s ... total mileage driven in the tundras was around 150,000 miles and NEVER had a problem and the dealer know how to treat their customers, Ram dealer take note, am 70 yrs old now, before 2009 drove dodge trks ....
do you think dodge/ram, or chevy would replace a frame on a 10+ yr old trk??
2010 Passport Ultra Lite Grand Touring 195rb
2019 Ram 1500 Larime Hemi w/eTorque quad cab
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4L Hemi 5th whl prep
slimchancepistolero is offline   Reply With Quote