Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2018, 06:16 AM   #1
Summit151

2012 Fuzion 260 toyhauler?

Hey I found a good deal on a 2012 260 toyhauler. I was wondering if anyone has experience with these? And if there is any issues with them? I am also wondering how well the tow ? I had a wolf pack toyhauler bumper pull and it had very bad sway when there was sway in the back. I also have a 2012 3500 gm 6.0L. Any help would be awesome. It won’t last long at this price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Summit151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:19 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

A 2012 trailer is already 5 years old. A lot can happen in 5 years to destroy a trailer, so look it over closely. On the other hand, Fuzion is a "good brand" similar in construction to most other trailers produced by Keystone in the same class (heavy toy hauler). There is a Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) checklist located here: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5129

I'd urge you to print it out, study it, be familiar with the contents, even take it with you and use it to inspect your potential "new to you" trailer. The PDI checklist will guide you through the most critical inspection points and will aid you in making a sound, financially appropriate decision about the Fuzion.

One of the most critical inspection points will be tires. In that year, most were equipped with "barely adequate Chinese import tires" which may be inadequate for the trailer weight. If the OEM tires are still on the trailer (check the date of manufacture code on each tire) then your first priority if you buy the trailer, would be to install new, appropriately sized and rated tires.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:37 AM   #3
Summit151

Thanks for all the info! I would love to buy new but I do not use the trailer enough to justify the expense of new

Old 03-13-2018, 07:56 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Everybody here is "RV'ing in a used trailer" so we completely understand. Ours is a 2014 that we bought "new" in 2013. Currently it's 4 years old, so not much "newer" than the 2012 you're looking at. That said, ours has been "pampered" by inside storage (pole barn), frequent maintenance inspections and cleaning, careful roof maintenance and preventative care. We have a neighbor who bought a year after us, his trailer sits outside, he's never washed it, the roof has never been resealed, the original tires are still on it, stored without covers or care, he winterizes it by adding anti-freeze, but has had several fittings crack from inadequate winterization. He's replaced the toilet from freezing, the refrigerator hasn't been operated in the last 2 years, there was mold under the mattress and the trailer smelled "musty" last fall when he put a "blue poly tarp" over it for the winter.

There is a significant difference in the "overall condition" of our trailer and his. Just because his is a 2015 or 2016, much "newer" than ours, but I'll let you make your own decision about which would be in "better condition".

Do your own inspection, look for problems and you won't be surprised by unexpected issues after the sale. That may be one of the best buys in your area or it may be, like my neighbor's trailer, something to avoid..... Good luck with your search for "the right RV" .....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:26 PM   #5
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

The floorplan is what steered me to get the 30FS versus the the 260. I just didn't want to have to remove the toys every time we stopped for an over night stop to be able to use the trailer. The weight distribution looked good as part of your toy load would sit over the rear axle.

Now as for my 30FS and being a bumper pull. It pulls Very well. No sway regardless of the load or conditions. BUT>>>>>I prefer NOT to tow it with an empty garage and a full water tank. This does make the tongue weight a bit on the heavy side and it does transmit that to your tow rig. Most times I like to have at least 600 pounds (my baby Harley) in the garage to even all things out and it does make that much of a difference.

On Edit: Go to the next size larger WD bars then required....My Opinion. I went to the 14k bars instead of the 12k bars that they said were adequate.
Big Boy w/ Big Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #6
Summit151

Thanks for the reply. It does tow nice with no sway ? My neighbour has a wolf pack 32 footer and he scared to it empty with the water tank full. And he also has a 1 ton truck [emoji15]

Old 03-13-2018, 05:35 PM   #7
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

If the hitch is tuned and set up correctly, you won't have sway. Get an equalizer 4 point system. They work great at a good, fair price.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion, toyhauler