Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2017, 03:40 PM   #1
briyoung

Second trip out and......!

On our second trip out in our new Passport we found a couple things...first, we had no TV or power to outlets, checked fuses, breakers and all were good except "zone 2". Long story short, called dealer and the tech said probably a bad converter, great! a long weekend without coffee! Luckily our neighbors said to check the GCFI outlet in the bathroom...sure enough that was tripped for some reason and caused us to loose about 30 bucks in food and extras in the outdoor frig. Second issue, we had a couple storms roll through and dump a lot of rain and found the gutter leaking at the half way point at the gutter seam all over our food we set out on a table. WTH Keystone! would it kill you to use 5 bucks more in material for a seamless gutter! Geez, we're already spending 25k on something, make it right or just get out!
Old 09-06-2017, 05:06 PM   #2
Tbos

Both of the issues you mentioned are pretty standard items. Now that you've had the issue with the GFCI you know to watch for it. I've added a little RTV to the gutter seam. It helped but we had so much rain last weekend that the gutters couldn't keep up anyway. Glad you didn't have any major issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:42 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I'm sorry for your problems but....an RV is kind of finicky. The GF plugs/circuits on an RV do cause problems, you just have to be aware and watch. The gutter stuff, well, that's part of the "RV experience". I'm sure there will be more so just chill out, have fun and fix it when it pops up.....because it will.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:57 PM   #4
LarrySharon

Location: Rainier, Oregon but my heart is still in Arizona and my wife's heart is in Oregon.
I had the same issue with my GFCI when I 1st got my Hideout. So now I know I check. I didn't lose anything because I had it setup at my house to check things. It took me a couple of days to figure that out. My 1st experience as a RV owner. Lie and learn. My gutters haven't been an issue. Happy Glamping in the future.

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
Retired from Armstrong World Industries
Retired Period, But Not From Life
2007 Toyota Tundra
2017 Keystone Hideout 22KBSWE
LarrySharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:26 AM   #5
mtofell

Yep, pretty typical stuff. Actually, pretty minor for a first trip.... consider yourself lucky
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:51 PM   #6
Ken / Claudia

Welcome to RVing. Tent camping has more and different problems.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote