Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2017, 05:53 AM   #1
madmaxmutt

Outback 250URS

Post #1

We are looking at a new 2017 250URS from afar for purchase. We have seen other models locally, but not the one we are interested in. It is more difficult than I would think to get many of these dealers to answer simple questions.

1. Are there 110VAC outlets in the bunk area?

2. Are there USB outlets in the bunk area?

3. Are there 110VAC outlets by the main bed?

4. Are there USB or 12VDC outlets by the main bed?

5. Is the small door actually large enough to get a bike inside?

6. The other model Outbacks in this size do not vent the range exhaust fan outside. I have never seen a TT that did't have a flapper vent for the range hood. Does the 250URS have this? Isn't that a bit dangerous? Has anyone done it themselves?

7. keystoneforums.com vs. outbackers.com: Coming from a Forest River product, there was only one 90K+ member board. Are you Outback owners members of both or just keystoneforums? Any benefit to one over the other?

Thanks!!
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:50 PM   #2
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
1. Are there 110VAC outlets in the bunk area?
2. Are there USB outlets in the bunk area?
3. Are there 110VAC outlets by the main bed?
4. Are there USB or 12VDC outlets by the main bed?
1-4: I don't have answers for you on these. But, a dealer "should" be inclined to get them if he knows you're motivated to purchase from him. A two minute golf cart trip to this model on his sales lot should be a "no brainer". Are you to looking to purchase from a dealer in a land far, far away? Not advisable for "post purchase" warranty work.

Quote:
5. Is the small door actually large enough to get a bike inside?
I've looked at this model before and it will easily fit several bikes in that front bunkhouse aux door.

Quote:
6. The other model Outbacks in this size do not vent the range exhaust fan outside. I have never seen a TT that did't have a flapper vent for the range hood. Does the 250URS have this? Isn't that a bit dangerous? Has anyone done it themselves?
I highly doubt any budget trailer would have a range hood "truly" vented to the outside. Cost savings is the business model that most manufacturers follow, up to a certain price point. Dangerous NOT to have a vented range hood to the outside? Not so much. CO2 and smoke detectors are in every unit and there is always the option of a roof "high-capacity" vent like MaxxAir or Fantastic. If you're motivated to cut into the side wall of your trailer, it's very doable and I'm sure many owners have done this before. For me though, a high capacity reversible roof vent fan is much more practical and effective.

Quote:
7. keystoneforums.com vs. outbackers.com: Coming from a Forest River product, there was only one 90K+ member board. Are you Outback owners members of both or just keystoneforums? Any benefit to one over the other?
Many members on here are active on multiple RV forums that even include non-Keystone models. The Outback members site doesn't appear to be very active though, as witnessed by your duplicated post on it yesterday. It was the last new thread and/or reply, as I read it hours later. Keystoneforums.com has a relatively large member base (representing 1 manufacturer) because it's an umbrella of all Keystone models, both old and new. Forestriverforums.com has a similar member base as does Airforums.com (Airstream), Jaycoowners.com, and a few others.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:54 AM   #3
madmaxmutt

Thanks Busterbrown!

I thought the same thing. Many of the dealers we have run into this time around seem think we owe them something (read they seem lazy). It has been a bit surreal in their commission based world. We found some images online that show outlet covers, but none of the pictures are clear enough to see what's on the plates.

We have similar floorplan now, but our door looks to be a foot wider (from pictures) than the Outback. Wasn't sure the handlebars would fit through the door.

Our last two trailers had vented range hoods. Before that I rented for years in the military. We have always used the hood fan when cooking indoors. If we end up with this one, I feel like I would be cutting a hole.

Thanks again for the answers.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outback