Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
Cable McMan

Mor-Ryde Or ?

Does anyone use the Mor-Ryde or Airborne coupler? If so which do you like, no additional suspense changes just coupler. Is it worth the up-grade?
Cable McMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
ileyld

Smile

Cable,

My Montana came with the mor-ryde. I like it very much. But how much is the upgrade?

Lonnie
ileyld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:38 AM   #3
5er

MORryde for me.
5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #4
albertr

Mor-Ryde or

I am looking at buying a hitch pin to replace the original solid one. I am looking towards Mor/Ryde for symplicity & price. I can buy a practically brand new hitch pin for about half what I would pay for a new one (things aren't cheap here in Canada). Problem is that this hitch pin comes from a new 5th wheel that is in the range of 14000 to 18000 lbs. My gross weight rating is 14000 lbs. I wonder if this would be too stiff for mine or how it would ride. Any ideas? Thanks...Al
albertr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #5
albertr

Mor Ryde

I would like an opinion. I can get a great deal on a Mor Ryde pin box but it is in a heavier weight class than my 5th wheel. Mine is dry 10500 and gross 14000.....the available pin box is 14000 and 18000. How well do you figure it will work? Will the rubber shock absorber be too stiff for my weight class? Will it help somewhat? I can replace the rubber in the box with the proper one for about $200 later on if necessary. Thanks ....Al
albertr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
mhs4771

My unit came with the MorRyde and only had TTs before, so nothing to really compare to. But I would ask myself, how does the cost of the nearly new plus the cost of the proper rubber compare to buying the correct unit new? Remember if you have to change the rubber later that means pulling things apart a second time. So times the cheaper turns out to be the most expensive. Your call
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:58 AM   #7
mazboy123

Red face MorRyde

I think you can contact MorRyde and discuss your thoughts with them.

http://www.morryde.com/php/contact/index.php

i have a morryde hitch....works well.
mazboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
Houndie Dog

MorRyde is awesome. My Cougar just had a solid pinbox, when I bought the montana with the MorRyde there was a significant difference that we noticed right away. Much, much better ride, no herky-jerky stuff going on....nice and smooth.
Hensly TS3 trailer-saver hitch
KVH TracVision R4SL
3 Basset Hounds "Lucy, Ethel, & Fred"
https://i809.photobucket.com/albums/z...vado/coach.jpg
Houndie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #9
Jim W

I looked at three different models of aftermarket pin boxes. I ended up purchasing the Trailair pin box, because it works in two planes of motion to reduce the chucking and bouncing that occurs with a solid pin box.
The other two aftermarket pin boxes were the Demco glide and the Mor-ryde pin box. If I was too purchase one of these models I would have purchase the Demco glide. I feel it has better features and material than the Mor-ryde, after reviewing the Mor-ryde design.
I purchased the Trailair pin box from Tweety's they seem to have the best price and free shipping. Here is the link for them. http://tweetys.com/
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote