Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2015, 12:02 AM   #1
Hans Jr

Question Bedroom Slideout Mattress Weight???

So not sure if this is the right section or not. We have a new to us 2010 Fuzion 383 Toy Hauler. Our mattress which was replaced when we bout it sucks. I believe it is a Serta, and is about 6' thick and I cannot claim it as an actual mattress by our standards. My wife and I were thinking about throwing in the mattress from our home in here, which is a thick and heavy memory foam mattress.

My question is, how heavy of a mattress can you put on these slideouts? Im not trying to over load it and break the hydraulics or get it stuck to where it wont close due to weight. Our buddy started having problems with his toy hauler slide in his bedroom about a year after he swapped to a heavier memory foam mattress, but not sure if its cause his trailer is old and worn down or from the extra weight.

Any help would be appreciated. I know theres tons of threads on beds already, but havent seen one asking about weight. Thanks in Advance.
2010 Fuzion 383 Touring Edition II #12 of 500

Traveling the country one race track at a time!
Hans Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:08 AM   #2
Dave W

I wouldn't think that a few --- well maybe more then a few ---- pounds should make a difference. There are getting to be a very large number of people in the US that top 300#, both sexes and are using RVs as their significant source of enjoyment with no side effects on their trailer. When we traded our last 5er in August, one of the requirement was that they swap the lumpy piece of junk that Keystone supplied with a 6 month old Simmons pillow top Beautyrest that weighs at least 2X as much. No problem except the bed was 5" higher and the platform needed to be cut back down to a proper height (I never realized how many hundreds, perhaps even thousands of staples it took to build one of those bed platforms until last week!!!!)
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:02 AM   #3
GaryWT

I cannot see the added weight of a different mattress causing an issue. Many have upgraded there mattress over the years or have added toppers to them. Just double check on the length. Where yours is on a slide it might be full length but many RV mattresses are short.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:16 AM   #4
PerryB

I agree that the weigh increase is a non-issue. We have put a premium mattress in our last two trailers and wouldn't be without one now.
PerryB is offline   Reply With Quote