Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2015, 07:25 AM   #1
mstat

Counter top question?

DW and I finally were able to use our 33RES last weekend. Yipee !!!

We like the wrap around island type counter but have small issue that maybe somebody can offer a suggestion for. We like to place a small bottle of hand washing soap and dishwashing liquid on the counter near the kitchen faucet which is on the island part of the counter.

We kept knocking it off and onto the floor. Luckily it never broke or leaked out, but the possibility is really there.

Does anybody have a suggestion on how we could secure a small bottles from falling off?

Thanks.
mstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:31 AM   #2
wahoonc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstat View Post
DW and I finally were able to use our 33RES last weekend. Yipee !!!

We like the wrap around island type counter but have small issue that maybe somebody can offer a suggestion for. We like to place a small bottle of hand washing soap and dishwashing liquid on the counter near the kitchen faucet which is on the island part of the counter.

We kept knocking it off and onto the floor. Luckily it never broke or leaked out, but the possibility is really there.

Does anybody have a suggestion on how we could secure a small bottles from falling off?

Thanks.
Mount a pump under the sink with the handle coming up through? We have one in our kitchen. Came with the faucet assembly we bought.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:31 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Mount a pump under the sink with the handle coming up through? We have one in our kitchen. Came with the faucet assembly we bought.

Aaron
X2 ... they work well and any "Home" store will have them. Just be sure that you install where it will not interfere with closing of slide outs.
Also remember to empty if you are in an area that needs winterizing.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:16 PM   #4
murphysranch

I would stick a piece of velcro on the countertop and on the bottom of the bottle. A small piece would suffice.
murphysranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:41 AM   #5
mamawildbear

My first thought was the velcro but then I dismissed it because I think it will be hard to clean and will attract gunk. My next thought was some sort of suction cup holder. We have one in our sink but it does get in the way some times.
If you had a wall handy, you could attach something similar there but I know for me my wall space is pretty scarce and you're on an island which puts you farther from the wall.
I like the idea of the under counter soap dispenser if you have room for that but measure first. The one I have in my house sticks WAY far down under the counter. I don't think my under sink space in my trailer would fit that.
Camping partners with my Hubby of 22 years
Spud - 14 year old son
Mouse - 12 year old daughter
Pickles the Bagel Hound - 9 year old camping dog
(at home we have Hazel the cat, Gummy the Leopard Gecko and Lachlan the Hanoverian horse)
mamawildbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:57 AM   #6
Scttw

Crazy glue it

If it holds the hard-hat dude you should be good - lol

We have the chrome pump unit in ours - it's the best solution for sure. They are not very much money and a hole cutter is likely the only tool you'll need.

Don't buy an expensive one because they always fail after a year or 2. I think the seals in them wear out and they suck air instead of soap.

Scott

PS - your Signature names .... made me laugh!
80 x 175 lot
Pics of our Setup
Scttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:44 AM   #7
koko

We have a little free-standing black plastic caddy with divisions of different sizes. It's about 6" by 12". The largest division holds two coffee cups, one holds a cup that we put pencils in, and one holds our dish soap bottle (smallest bottle we can find). We only remove the caddy when we're moving the trailer because it slides off the counter when in motion but very stable otherwise.

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:04 AM   #8
monica4patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko View Post
We have a little free-standing black plastic caddy with divisions of different sizes. It's about 6" by 12". The largest division holds two coffee cups, one holds a cup that we put pencils in, and one holds our dish soap bottle (smallest bottle we can find). We only remove the caddy when we're moving the trailer because it slides off the counter when in motion but very stable otherwise.
You could mount caddy on the countertop with Command strips. Since the strips are under the caddy, they shouldn't get all soapy.

2014 Keystone Passport 3290 BH (6/14 - present)
2010 Keystone Outback Sydney 310 BHS (7/12 - 6/14)

TV: none; seasonal w/ on-site winter storage
monica4patience is offline   Reply With Quote