Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2014, 05:01 AM   #1
notanlines

Dishwasher Question

We are headed to Florida for four months and I'm curious if anyone has ever "installed" a portable dishwasher in the garage adjacent to the washer/dryer hookups on the front wall. The needed power would be there as would the drain and the hot water. I'm not certain how I would fasten it down when traveling. I guess I'm mainly wondering if there are any problems I don't foresee. We don't really have the room to build one in at the end of our kitchen/living area. And if anyone happens to be in the Clewiston area give us visit.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:08 AM   #2
byrdr1

Jim,
I don't see where this would be any different than having the washer dryer combo in the same spot. How would tie that down to keep it from moving? about the only thing I would think is to remove the wheels from the portable dishwasher unless you planned to roll it around. Ratchet straps to keep it secure while moving. If you are doing a lot of cooking then it would be great idea for clean up. My MIL has a portable one set up to use as a built in at her house. Once they remodeled her house and moved the washer it left the hookups it left the old spot in the kitchen and she wanted a dishwasher and this was the best of both worlds because its finished all on the side except the back.
Hope this helps you make a decision.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote