Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #21
napria

Well, never mind about what I posted above. The Keystone Mountaineer rep is visiting different RV shows and I just talked with him today. They are still in the planning stages of revamping their toyhauler. The only certain thing is the ramp door will still be a smaller golf-cart sized door.

He took his time and wrote down my wants and needs for a toyhauler. It's great that they look to their customers and prospective customers for direction.
napria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #22
ocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
When we started looking at 5th wheels, we originally wanted a toy hauler, but very quickly realized the interiors were not what we wanted. They all seemed very "industrial" inside! We liked the size of the Cougar 325SRX but the interior put us off and we bought our Montana.

So - if anybody at Keystone is listening, we want a toy hauler with the interior finish of the Montana. About 36ft long, with a garage area large enough for one or two motorcycles. We don't need fuel tanks, we don't need a workshop. We want carpeted floors, a table to eat at (dinette is O.K., but do not want to sit on the sofa to eat), decent entertainment system, reasonable kitchen/counter space. 3 slides are good. King sized bed and good storage. Only needs to sleep two regularly, but maybe two more on odd occasions (sofa bed?). The loft in the Cougar was O.K. too.

How about it?
Did you check the Raptor Velocity? Mine is a 2011. The back is carpeted, has a dinette, a cabinet with TV and lots of shelves. Two queen beds come down from the roof. We love it. Plus, why would anyone not get a TH? I mean, you back down to a lake or vista, drop the ramp door and man what a view. Plus it has a roll down screen to prevent the critters.
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:40 PM   #23
2014Fuzion300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho View Post
Did you check the Raptor Velocity? Mine is a 2011. The back is carpeted, has a dinette, a cabinet with TV and lots of shelves. Two queen beds come down from the roof. We love it. Plus, why would anyone not get a TH? I mean, you back down to a lake or vista, drop the ramp door and man what a view. Plus it has a roll down screen to prevent the critters.

Same for our FUZION 300!

Sent from my iPad.
2014Fuzion300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:02 AM   #24
Big Dave

Thumbs up Raptor 412TS

We ordered a Raptor 412TS after looking at numerous other makes and models.
We feel this model met our needs of luxury living and hauling our Harley with a place in the garage for the washer and dryer.

We are picking up our Baby on May 7th.
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:55 AM   #25
Nate301

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014Fuzion300 View Post
Same for our FUZION 300!

Sent from my iPad.
We just bought a Fuzion 301 and love it!!
Nate301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:05 AM   #26
2014Fuzion300

Congratulations!!!! We love ours.
2014Fuzion300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:58 AM   #27
wowchad

Do most of the newer toy haulers already have the screens?
Ours doesn't so I'm looking for one.
2009 LOFT -HOPEFULLY-
wowchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:24 AM   #28
Nate301

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowchad View Post
Do most of the newer toy haulers already have the screens?
Ours doesn't so I'm looking for one.
Mine came with it from the factory.
Nate301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #29
FLCapt

We have a Montana Mountaineer 347 THT, a 2009 model. It is a toy hauler. 36 feet long, 2 axles. It looks like a regular Montana inside the living area, has three slides. It has the smaller door/ramp in the rear - offset to one side. Garage is 10 feet long, but only about 2/3 of the width - there is a door from the living area that protrudes into the garage maybe 18 inches or so. I have a small chest freezer on the long side, a load my Honda 500 four wheeler in front of it. Everything fits. I'm not sure about loading two full size dresser motorcycles though! You would have to do some measuring. Two dirt bikes would fit I think. I believe the model changed to 357 THT, and is 37 feet. I'm not sure if Keystone still makes them or not. Overall, it is a pretty good fit for my wife and I. Any guests have to sleep on the sofa bed, or put an air mattress in the garage. We didn't want a larger unit than 36 - 37'. I did not want to deal with three axles, and would have had a difficult if not impossible time parking it at my house. I live on a short cul de sac, and there is little maneuvering room. Really my only complaint about this camper is that there are no windows on the door side of the unit. If you are at a campground that has close quarters sites, and you open the blinds on the other side to let in the light, you are staring at your neighbors two feet away! It is great when it is cool enough to leave the door open. The kitchen could have been swapped to the opposite side, and it would have solved this issue. I guess all campers have their good and bad points!
Old 04-30-2014, 12:57 PM   #30
BC Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate301 View Post
We just bought a Fuzion 301 and love it!!
We have the 301 as well love it especially since the awning goes over both doors.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:50 PM   #31
Flabbytax

my dad is trying to steer me away from fifth wheel TH's. I love the space and the higher end features.
Flabbytax is offline   Reply With Quote