Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
andyrad

Thinking of installing TV in Basement

So we have enough airmiles to get a nice flat screen for the trailer. I was wondering if there is any specifics for TVs that need to be adhered to when adding one to an RV. We have a 3450RL with a cable and electrical hookup in the basement for this purpose and we are wondering if we can just use a normal Samsung, as there is in the living room already, or do we need something special. Being from Canada it would be nice to go camping and sit outside and watch some of the Stanley Cup finals or the start of the season from under the awning.
andyrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:17 PM   #2
Paddler

Hi Andyrad,
Nope, nothing special, just a TV that will receive the new Digital broadcast signals.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
Johnnyfry

TV

Well, there are certainly no rigid size requirements concerning a TV in a RV. It is mainly a size that fits your viewing distance. You wouldn't want to use a 60 inch T V when you are sitting 4 feet away.

Pick something out that fits your viewing distance. Go to a shop and stand back as far as you would sit in your RV and see what looks comfortable to you.

Bigger is not always better.

John
Johnnyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #4
jq1031

Smile

I did that in my motor home. Only advise is to secure it properly as the bounce could cause alot of damage to the TV. I put mine (screwed down the base) on a slide out tray that locked in place while traveling, also had a DIRECT TV receiver & remote held with velcro so it did not move around. It was a great set up & we really enjoyed it, along with envy of fellow campers!
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote