Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2014, 07:29 AM   #1
campers5

Red face Drag Rollers?

Hi - We picked up our new Hideout 25rks yesterday - TV is Big Horn 1500 Ram with 5.7 litre Hemi. We had an Equalizer II WDH installed. Backing into our driveway we scraped the bottom of the tow bar saddle (mounted on tongue) and the tongue jack. Hubby is thinking about installing a drag roller.. Thoughts and suggestions please. Thanks!
campers5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:13 AM   #2
Western Traveler

Depending on how much clearance is at the back of the trailer this was a simple fix I used on a different rig with a similar problem.
I had a spare receiver bar with a large drop (not part of a WDH setup). I reversed it and added a ball.
When I was ready to store the trailer I would unhitch in the street change bars and back it up the hill.

2014 Cougar 21RBSWE "The Sugar Shack"
2006 F250 Super duty "Buttercup"
King Ranch Crew
6.0L Diesel
Bulletproofed
Reese Straight-line Dual cam WDH
Me and My Bride
Western Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #3
GaryWT

Most rollers go on the back of the trailer if the bottom of your L brackets are hitting that seems low, is the truck level when hooked up, it the trailer mostly level? Thinking that adjusting the wdh might help. Does it hit when the rear truck tires are still in the street but almost in the driveway? A couple boards might help but that can be a pain after awhile.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:51 PM   #4
campers5

Talking

Thank You so much.. Rear clearance is fine. Already have another hitch and ball.
We will be doing that real soon. Hubby says it make sense to him .. Easy fix. Thanks ! We'll let you know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Western Traveler View Post
Depending on how much clearance is at the back of the trailer this was a simple fix I used on a different rig with a similar problem.
I had a spare receiver bar with a large drop (not part of a WDH setup). I reversed it and added a ball.
When I was ready to store the trailer I would unhitch in the street change bars and back it up the hill.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #5
campers5

Smile

HI Gary -
Truck and trailer are level. wdh was adjusted at dealership. Hopefully it will not resort to boards. Our approach on the driveway is quite short and a pretty good grade to it. We will try the other suggestion first. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWT View Post
Most rollers go on the back of the trailer if the bottom of your L brackets are hitting that seems low, is the truck level when hooked up, it the trailer mostly level? Thinking that adjusting the wdh might help. Does it hit when the rear truck tires are still in the street but almost in the driveway? A couple boards might help but that can be a pain after awhile.