Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #1
canesfan

Stupid TV Mounting Bracket Question

Ok, I feel dumb, but bare with me. The tv in the garage is on a mounting bracket that is supposed to let you take it out and put it in the basement where they (Keystone) provided what I assume to be an identical bracket. I can't get the tv to move. I can't really tell if it's on one of those arms or if its just a static mount, but I've pulled, twisted, lifted, yelled at it and tried kicking it. I've done all I could to look behind there to see what's what, but can't figure it out and can't see anything else holding it besides the bungee cord provided that is way too tight to begin with. I tried taking a picture but it doesn't show anything worthwhile since there's all the wires crammed back there too. Any ideas?

The main tv in the LR pulls out and swivels just fine.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #2
Steve S

A pic tells a better story if you can post one
Old 03-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
canesfan

I don't have the picture I took anymore as I didn't think it was useful. And it's snowing again.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #4
vetorio

Mine Has a black plastic ring at the bottom. You squeeze that, pull out at the bottom and slide the top of the bracket up and off.Hope that might help.

Tom
vetorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

Many fixed wall mounts have a release lever on the bottom of the mount. It slides to one side and allows the tv to tip slightly out at the bottom so you can lift it up off the mount. You usually can't see it but can feel it if you slide your fingers across the bracket. I hope this helps, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #6
canesfan

Ok thanks. I'll feel around for a release of some sort. Didn't think about that. If that doesn't work will try to take another picture.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:19 PM   #7
hoffbrew

Pretty sure same as mine, the bracket on wall is in a "V" shape and TV has same "V" and should pull right up. Same bracket should be mounted outside just to the right of main entry door. My son had taken it off to see if he can plug in a play station and he couldnt put back on, so dad to the rescue!!! It is tight but pull straight up.
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)
hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #8
canesfan

Thanks, I'll give that a try too. Snow is melting and 61 on Saturday.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #9
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
Thanks, I'll give that a try too. Snow is melting and 61 on Saturday.
There should be a small rope hanging from the arm mechanism, I have found it hard to pull on cable to get pin to release but if you put some force on it toward the wall it seems to release much easier. Then just lift up on the arm mechanism to lift it out of the wall bracket.

But now since you have the collapsible roof ladder!!!!, may not have option of moving garage TV Oh that's right no Gravity Water fill, Maybe we can make a deal

Take Care
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:06 AM   #10
canesfan

Paraptor, Hahaha!!! I messed with it yesterday. Almost broke it before I finally pulled on that strap hanging from the arm. Had been wondering what the heck that was for.

Anyway, all, there is a strap hanging from the arm that pulls a pin which locks the arm in position for travel. Picture attached.

Also, until I pulled the arm and tv out away from the wall I still couldn't get the tv to lift out of the bracket. There isn't anything locking it in there that I can see, but it wouldn't budge. After I pulled it all away from the wall I was able to lift the arm out of the bracket easily.

For others who might be looking for this arm, it is a Moview MS1042 by Ramco.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #11
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Sorry I was going to send a picture of the hanger but got depressed when I looked out the door and it was snowing again Its a nice option to have to move a TV to the outside. Since you have it off may want to try the plugs in that area that is if it is not snowing

Got some pretty good suggestions on dealing with my PITA ladder. Oh YA forgot you do not have that problem

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 03-09-2014, 07:51 AM   #12
canesfan

It was 65 and sunny here yesterday, spent most of it playing in the trailer. 60 today and going to start on rebuilding the steps.

Anyway, back to the tv. While I had it off I checked the wall, it seems pretty solid so I think I"m going to move the tv over a few inches so you don't have to reach around and behind it for all the switches (lights, awning, bed, etc) Also going to redo the bungee cord that they made a couple inches too short to save .05 so you can barely get it off and on without putting an eye out.

What am I trying the plugs for???

I'll send you a picture of my ladder. Maybe I need to lock it too my trailer.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:42 AM   #13
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

You must be in southern Virginia currently in low 30's last night snow still on grass. Oh Well this can not last much longer

What I was saying is since you have the garage TV off, take it and try the plugs both 120VAC and coaxial connector down in the cargo area. Again nice feature. Redoing inside steps, going to recommend you for the Keystone Raptor design team. Could you take some pictures in the process have been wondering what on the furnace I could get to through the register in the steps.

Yeap, tie down your ladder

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 03-09-2014, 08:54 AM   #14
canesfan

Ok, good point about checking the outlets in the garage with the tv. Thanks.

As for the steps, sigh, something I shouldn't even have to be doing but if I don't someone is gonna fall down them. Not understanding what you mean by what on the furnace you could get to through the register in the steps. Will try to remember to take pics.