Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2014, 10:52 AM   #1
ocho

300MP slide out adjustments

I have a 2011 300 MP. It has the bed slide and the Living room slide. Here's the problem im having. There are two slide rails for this slide out. The one im referencing is the aft slide mechanism. Here's what its doing.

When the slide is in (retracted position), the outside sits flush against the body of the coach and seals tight. But when its extended it wont open all the way. It hits the stops but the aft wall of the slide out where it should meet the interior body of the coach and seal, it has a 1 to 2 inch gap.

Now I can adjust the slide to extend all the way out, hit the stops and seal up tight on the inside, but when its retracted there is a 1 to 2 inch gap in the seal on the outside just above the wheel well. And this is just the aft slide mechanism. The front works just either way.

Has anyone else experienced this? HAs anyone cured this problem? I've tried to search Lipperts website, but cant find anything. Thanks for the help.
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

It gets confusing but you may have to adjust the other side of the slide. If they are not coming out (or in) to the same limit it affects the other side and the slide will stop before both sides seal. I hope I made sense, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
canesfan

I was thinking the same thing as hankpage. I had to adjust the slides on the last one I had and it got confusing. I had a mechanic buddy helping and we were both laying under their saying things like "now if this goes this way then that will go that way, but wait...no, um...". Yes, it can have you scratching your head sometimes and you have to step back and look at the whole, big picture to make it clear what you might really have to do.