Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
wozzukes

TV Connection to Audio

Just thought I'd chime in on my findings regarding the tv not being connected to the sound system. I thought the same thing in our trailer so I took off to the TV to find a cable plugged into the audio out on it. So then I thought ok, they never connected it to the radio so I took the face plate off, unscrewed the thing and took it out only to find it WAS connected, even though audio from the TV still wasn't coming out of the stereo speakers. I then went into the audio setup on the TV only to find that you have to turn the TV speakers OFF in order to get audio through the output jacks and through the stereo. I find this very odd and annoying, but it's a TV thing and not a Keystone thing. We have a Sharp Aquos in our rig. You might want to check that out if you haven't already gone through all the steps I did!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
Handysam

Duhhh, I knew that, just kidding Thats the kind of great info. needed here. I read a couple of posts about people having trouble with various keystones, and I assumed what you said about a plug in missing somewhere. I have not checked on ours yet but now you make it simple for all to check. Thanks for the info. Happy Camping, Sam
Old 04-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
Wing-in-it

Exclamation

Ours has an "LG" tv & I'm the opposite of you....I prefer the TV only to come through the tv & not the surround sound. The dealer told me that's the way it is.....I said "BS" & found a earphone jack on the tv that was hooked into the Jensen system....I unplugged the jack & now the tv works on TV only. I only use the surround sound when watcing a DVD!

Mark

2015 Fuzion 325
2020 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7 HO Aisin
Chesterfield, VA.
Wing-in-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
KanTC

Ours is a Jensen TV & Jensen DVD/CD/MP3/Radio -- can switch between TV (sound) and surround sound with the radio remote. Not sure what's plugged-in or unplugged on ours but it works.

I'll ask DH to check it, if anyone needs specific info.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
wgb1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanTC View Post
Ours is a Jensen TV & Jensen DVD/CD/MP3/Radio -- can switch between TV (sound) and surround sound with the radio remote. Not sure what's plugged-in or unplugged on ours but it works.

I'll ask DH to check it, if anyone needs specific info.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
We have the Jensen also and tried to play a Netflix bluray disc over the weekend, but it would not play. Will the Jensen set-up not play bluray disc? Any other DVDs that were not bluray worked fine.

2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado
wgb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

Some of the newer Blu Ray DVD's will not play on "older" Blu Ray players. From what I understand, the older players cannot pick up some of the new features or ???? that are now a part of the latest Blu Ray DVD's and are unable to "read" them. You might want to see if there is an update or download available for your Jensen.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #7
ktmracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgb1 View Post
We have the Jensen also and tried to play a Netflix bluray disc over the weekend, but it would not play. Will the Jensen set-up not play bluray disc? Any other DVDs that were not bluray worked fine.
the jensen stereo/DVD player is not a blu-ray DVD player, only std DVD's.

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #8
cdevill

I purchased an IPOD connector cable for ours, the Jensen has the cable to plug the adapter I bought into it but it was just short enough that you couldn't fish it through the hole with the other cables. I ended up having to pull the unit out, plug the cable in then run it through the hole and reinstall. Works great though, put a nice long playlist on it and turn it on the outside speakers for light music all day.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:07 AM   #9
08limited

I tried to hook up my Toshiba TV and Jensen sound system this weekend and it began chirping. I hooked TV to a portable radio and there was no chirping and portable radio put out sound, I then hook up the Jensen to portable radio and had no issue. Anyone had this same issue?

Corey
08limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #10
ehammar

Smile sharp tv tv surround sound

plugged jumper from tv ear phone to aux on jensen system
ehammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #11
cnelson

TV Won't Play Through Surround Sound

We have a LG TV and the Jensen entertainment center. Does anyone know how to play the TV through the Jensen Entertainment center? There is only one audio out on the tv and it is an optical plug and the Jensen doesn't have an optical.
cnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

Our LG tv (26") has an earphone connection on the back. As you're looking at the TV, it would be behind the set on the left center section. We have a connection on the back of the Jensen for AUX 1 and I plugged the 2 RCA audio jacks into that input and when we want surround sound, we plug in the earphone jack. Of course the Jensen has to be set to AUX 1 and the volume on the TV must be at least "midrange" and then you can control the volume with the Jensen.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:06 AM   #13
Pajoder

Quote:
The Jenses system that comes with these campers does not play blueray disc, however, the TV does have VGA connection. using a VGA cable, I connected my computer to the TV and watch blueray movies from the computer, Netflix movies, or use it as a second monitor.
Hope this work
Happy Camping!!!
Pajoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:11 AM   #14
Pajoder

Quote:
The Jensen system that comes with these campers does not play blueray disc, however, the TV does have VGA connection. using a VGA cable, I connected my computer to the TV and watch blueray movies from the computer, Netflix movies, or use it as a second monitor.
Hope this works for you.
Happy Camping!!!
Pajoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #15
felge

Chirping sound out of Toshiba TV

I tried to hook up my Toshiba TV and Jensen sound system Aux 1 and it began chirping. Anyone had this same issue?
felge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:32 PM   #16
Jim Dow

CANZ Speaker

Get a CANZ 808 speaker (bluetooth) for the iPhone/iPad and you'll be fine both inside and outside.

Get it at Walmart for $19.
Jim Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:42 PM   #17
Steve S

I think one of the first things I did when I got the trailer was to fire the Jensen TV out the door as I knew it would be a headache and replaced it with a Toshiba.
I added my own Blu-ray and surround as the Jensen stereo seems to have a mind of its own and the quality really is on the low side.
I also download movies to a stick and just plug it in to the TV and it's all HD.