Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
hsmunoz

proud new owner of an 2011 Alpine 3500Re

greetings everyone,
my name is Henry and I just took delivery of my new 5th. I am a class A guy but wanted something I could setup and leave for a spell. Everything looks good so far. I have gone through my PDI and pretty impressed so far with the value of the unit. I saw nothing in the price range that fit our needs better than the Alpine. I am particularly drawn to good cabinetry and I saw the Alpine as a cut above the rest, in materials and craftmanship. I did a head to head comparison against the Relevent Big Horns, and Montana's. By fixing a budget , (meaning I had a specific $$ I would spend) then configuring each unit til I got to that spend, I was pretty stunned by how far ahead the Alpine was on value. Of course this is just my opinion , but I thought I would share.

see ya down the road!
hsmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
jje1960

Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmunoz View Post
greetings everyone,
my name is Henry and I just took delivery of my new 5th. I am a class A guy but wanted something I could setup and leave for a spell. Everything looks good so far. I have gone through my PDI and pretty impressed so far with the value of the unit. I saw nothing in the price range that fit our needs better than the Alpine. I am particularly drawn to good cabinetry and I saw the Alpine as a cut above the rest, in materials and craftmanship. I did a head to head comparison against the Relevent Big Horns, and Montana's. By fixing a budget , (meaning I had a specific $$ I would spend) then configuring each unit til I got to that spend, I was pretty stunned by how far ahead the Alpine was on value. Of course this is just my opinion , but I thought I would share.

see ya down the road!
Come on man, how bout a pic of the new unit?
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
J & B Castle

Alpine 3500RE

Henry,
We took delivery of our 3500RE January 28. We share your background-owned Class A motorhomes for 14 years but now that we are both retired and don't need to hurry and go anywhere or worry about timetables, we made the move to the 5er. We also did alot of homework on floorplans, features, prices etc and settled on the 3500RE. We love the layout. We did move the sofa to the long slide with the dining room table and made the small side opposite it my "man cave" with a recliner I bought and my computer table and end table. Our only issues to this point are 1) the vacuum breaker connected to the commode had a small leak, I replaced it and 2) the tubing carrying water from the black tank rinse connection in the utility bay to the black tank has a small "cut" so it will need replaced. Other than that we love the unit so far. We will leave Crystal River, FL to head north at the end of April so we'll see how it travels. Enjoy your unit!
Dodge Ram 3500 SLT Big Horn Crew Cab 4X2
Blog - Boldt's RV Castle
J & B Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
Outbackmel

J & B Castle Crystal River

Hey, saw your post.....enjoying Crystal River right now at Rock Crusher Canyon....leaving for Dahlonega, GA Sundy am....been great ! Safe travels in your new Alpine....
OutBack Mel
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #5
hsmunoz

greetings gents
embarrassed to say I don;t know how to post pics here.

I want to move the two recliners to the kitchen side too, but it looks like a tight fit. Will play around with it once it's at its permanent spot. For now I am going to add a 2K PSW inverter charger and a bank of 6 6V batteries. ( we will be dry camping in it) . It's winterized right now, and so far everything checks out. It does seem like the stabilizer motors are boarderline, but so far so good. Also the remote for the tv and SS are confusing each other ,use one and something turns on, use the other and the tv turns of and SS turns on.

I'll sort that out. I am pretty handy around these things so not worried about any minor stuff.

I welcome any and all advice and insights into the 5th wheel life.
cheers
hsmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #6
Maxzd

Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmunoz View Post
greetings gents
embarrassed to say I don;t know how to post pics here.

I want to move the two recliners to the kitchen side too, but it looks like a tight fit. Will play around with it once it's at its permanent spot. For now I am going to add a 2K PSW inverter charger and a bank of 6 6V batteries. ( we will be dry camping in it) . It's winterized right now, and so far everything checks out. It does seem like the stabilizer motors are boarderline, but so far so good. Also the remote for the tv and SS are confusing each other ,use one and something turns on, use the other and the tv turns of and SS turns on.

I'll sort that out. I am pretty handy around these things so not worried about any minor stuff.

I welcome any and all advice and insights into the 5th wheel life.
cheers
Good spring project getting that inverter and batteries all going. I intended to go 6volt but stuck with 12 volt have 4 heavy duty batteries that give me about 400 amp hours. I wired the inverter all the way back to an automatic transfer switch. Some say lazy but I look at it as creature comforts. =). I also added two 123w sharp solar panels so I'm liking the off the grid camping more and more.

Good luck. Pictures are easy once you get the hang of it. I think there is an odds and ends forum that has articles explaining.

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
Ron

Congrats

Congrat on the new purchase, I think you will love pulling the 5ver alot. Happy Campin....Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote