Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2020, 06:05 PM   #1
Marblejunkie

Thanks to Hayes Towing Electronics

Towing a Cougar 243 RKS with a Hayes Genesis #81790 brake controller since 2007. Last week I noticed an error code on the unit not to be found online or in the warranty/troubleshooting manuals. Contacted Hayes support by email and was advised the error code “SF” was for a slide fault error. The slide is a manual braking override control on the front of the unit that allows you to engage the trailer brakes, without using the brakes of the tow vehicle.

Brandon in support advised the problem could be internal or external and suggested I engage the slide and let it flip back on its own by releasing quickly. I did this several times to no avail. Still showing the “SF” code.

Since I had my original purchase receipt from 2007, I contacted Brandon to ask if this was covered under warranty and to my surprise, he advised me he would send me a new one, no charge. Did not have to send the old one back either.

My original contact was on Monday and by Friday I had the new unit installed and ready to go for the weekend. Fast service with UPS tracking data provided.

Kudos to Hayes and Support Tech, Brandon. This really made my day!
Marblejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:35 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

It’s always nice to see posts like these. I’m glad your back up and running..I mean stopping!!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing