Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2020, 10:20 AM   #21
Capt Dave

I have the same problem with my driveway with my 330RL, so I remove my weight distribution bars on my equalizer hitch, works great, lowers the front and raises the rear.
Capt Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 11:27 AM   #22
PaulRod

Drivway angle

If you have the chain style W/D hitch you can drop a link or 2 to raise the rear.
I have the W/D sway style that C/W sold me the wrong weight rating so it doesn't do enough anyway.
PaulRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 02:52 PM   #23
Jeff Pratt

I had a similar problem with my driveway with a 29-ft lightweight trailer. I installed roller wheels to replace the drag bars and that helped to some extent. However over time the wheels put pressure up against the side of the treader and it developed gaps in the wall and the floor that caused water leaks that I had to constantly seal up.
Jeff Pratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:01 PM   #24
mjsibe

Stablizers

I had to remove mine & put heavy duty rollers on the back
I also use a dropped hitch to pull out then I hook up the regular hitch rig one out on the street.
Bit of a hassle but also helpful going out of steep parking lots (the rollers).
I mounted boards on the stabilizers & just pop them under the trailer when we set up camp
mjsibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:51 AM   #25
Folkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Remember, when you disconnect the WD bars, the hitch drops (which allows the rear of the trailer to raise...

So, dropping the WD bars may allow the rear of the trailer to clear that rise in the driveway, only to cause the "expensive electric tongue jack" to get ripped off or bent/buckled beyond repair....
Been there, done that. Adjusted the hitch to level the camper while towing and bent up the tongue jack on our return.
Folkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 03:05 AM   #26
mikz86ta

Fabricate some quick release mounts for the stabilizers? Remove them and come up with something. Drop in longer bolts from the top, put a nut on it and leave the mounting bolts in their spot full time. When you get to your destination, slide the holes on the top stabilizer Jack plate on to the hanging studs/bolts up to that nut (nut will now be sandwiched between the frame and Jack top plate, and then add a washer and nut to 'remount' the stabilizer Jack's.
Most people carry a cordless drill to lower and raise the Jack's faster and easier....so zipping on 8 nuts each time should not be that difficult or time consuming.
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:44 AM   #27
Tboudro

Installed Lippert electric stabilizers on mine and no drag. Only drops down 2" below frame.
Tboudro is offline   Reply With Quote