Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2023, 09:56 AM   #1
Lew Ladwig

New in Colorado

Hi, we just got a used 2002 Sprinter. It has a few issues. Some 12v lights dont work.and the water.pump does not kick on.
Also, I downloaded the owners book but it is weak on how to operate things. Any advice?
Lew Ladwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 11:18 AM   #2
Max23

When you say "some" of the 12v lights don't work, is that all of the same run or just some random around everywhere? There are sure a lot smarter people than me on here but I'm guessing if that water pump is original, or just replaced a long time ago, it's probably just old n tired like me. LOL. I'd replace that right off. The lights, if just randoms here and there, same thing. Again, I'm far from an expert but if you've checked fuses and power to the lights, well, just time to replace.
Max23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 11:44 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew Ladwig View Post
Hi, we just got a used 2002 Sprinter. It has a few issues. Some 12v lights dont work.and the water.pump does not kick on.
Also, I downloaded the owners book but it is weak on how to operate things. Any advice?
Did you turn the water pump on? Does the fresh water tank have water in it? Are you connected to shore power ( plugged into 120vac) or running of a battery? What's the condition of the battery? Sorry for all the questions but more info is required in order to help.

One more question, do you have a volt meter and know how to use it?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 03:36 AM   #4
spicercars

Check your fuses? Welcome from northern MN.
Old 09-05-2023, 05:22 AM   #5
Lew Ladwig

Well, finally started to study the situation. The kitchen living area lights are the ones that don't work. It pops a fuze instantly. So, I am thinking a wire is shorting to ground. Ill start pulling light fixtures and checking them. If it is a short in the walls or ceiling, no idea how to chase a fresh wire.
Old 09-05-2023, 08:40 AM   #6
Lew Ladwig

Problem solved! Turns out, a previous owned put LED bulbs in the light fixtures. His choice of bulb was poor. If pushed in too far, they short on a tiny exposed coil. This then pops the fuse. The bulbs he used had elements going 360 around. I will buy some flat paddle style.