Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2021, 10:26 AM   #1
Casemaker

Pummel Vision Keystone TV replacement.

I have a new Keystone Premier TT and the TV's are Pummel Vision. Is this TV "comparable with a Samsung in the same size. Issue is the viewing size for normal picture is only a half screen size. To watch full screen you half to use zoom functions which moves portions of picture off viewing screen and distorts the viewing screen.
Any help appreciated.
Casemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:33 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Wow, if you got a new TV and it was misbehaving, take the thing to the dealer and see if they could get it to operate properly and if not replace it. You should have done this before signing on the dotted line during your PDI. Pummel Vision? I think that is Chinese for LOW BIDDER. I looked that company up and no bueno; don't see any indication of a Pummel Vision TV on the US or any market. The pummelvision.com website is gone and indications are it was software to turn photos into a video of some sort.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:48 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casemaker View Post
I have a new Keystone Premier TT and the TV's are Pummel Vision. Is this TV "comparable with a Samsung in the same size. Issue is the viewing size for normal picture is only a half screen size. To watch full screen you half to use zoom functions which moves portions of picture off viewing screen and distorts the viewing screen.
Any help appreciated.
Comparable to a Samsung? Samsung what? They sell low end units to very high end units so maybe yes maybe no.

What is a "normal size picture?" How is the picture a "half screen size"? Is that half the size on one side, on top or bottom, or all around the picture?

What's the source of the picture on the tv? Is it over the air antenna? cable? DVD? What's the video format setting? Is it 480?(standard definition) 1080I? or 1080P? (high def). More information is needed to help you out. Do you have the manual that came with the tv? The dealer should have provided you with all the paperwork (warranty cards, manuals, install instructions, etc.) for every appliance in the unit including the stereo, water pump, furnace, water heater, converter, fireplace (if equipped), toilet, air conditioners, etc.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:47 PM   #4
notanlines

Like George, I could find nothing online about an actual television brand Pummelvision. Strange enough!
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:50 PM   #5
Sarge2

When you turn my TV on... it says Pummel Drive I believe... I don't know what it means for if it's even a TV type... I'm not sure that I've ever had any issues with the picture being smaller than the screen other than when I play a DVD that is set for widescreen... otherwise it's full screen for all else...

I installed a Samsung in the bedroom and it works just fine hooked to the supplied TV / Cable hookup on the ceiling... so I'd assume you could replace the TV in the living area with whatever you wanted...
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

One of two issues exist:

1. Your TV screen settings (in the TV setup menu) are not correctly adjusted for the type video you want displayed on the screen. Or

2. Your TV is defective.

Go to the TV setup menu and adjust the screen display settings to obtain the preferred screen image. The setup process is (or should be) clearly explained in the owner's manual. If you don't have the TV owner's manual, contact your dealer and request a copy. I would be happy to provide a link to an "online owner's manual" but apparently "Pummel TV" is either "too new" or "too cheap" to have an "online presence".... So, Keystone Customer Service or your dealership are your only alternatives as far as I can tell.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 03:27 PM   #7
wiredgeorge

I am almost positive any TV will have the name, model, etc. on a tag on the unit and if it is a new TV and came with the camper, wouldn't there be a manual for the tv?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:33 PM   #8
NH_Bulldog

Mine is a Pummel Drive, the same “brand” as the ceiling speakers, outdoor mini fridge, etc. I have never had any issues with screen size/shape. We mostly use the Amazon Fire Stick in the HDMI port and the image fills the screen top to bottom and side to side. The only time we have noticed the picture not filling the screen is when playing a DVD in cinematic.

Any similar sized flatscreen is a good replacement since the mounting pattern is a universal standard
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:22 PM   #9
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casemaker View Post
Any help appreciated.
I don’t know but I picture “pummel vision” as a tv that you have to “pummel” to get it to work....like years ago when you smacked your fist on the top of the tv to get the station to come in...you know ..pummel it

Mine isn’t much better..it’s a summit
Old 03-02-2021, 08:13 PM   #10
flybouy
Site Team

In my humble opinion most of the OEM electronics in a camper belong in the same container that the OEM mattress ends up in. With the low prices on decent TVs these days you can replace the TV for a few dollars over the cost to replace the OEM remote.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:39 PM   #11
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
In my humble opinion most of the OEM electronics in a camper belong in the same container that the OEM mattress ends up in. With the low prices on decent TVs these days you can replace the TV for a few dollars over the cost to replace the OEM remote.
That's my opinion as well!
They must be paying about $5, or less, per tv to buy a boat load of those NO NAME tvs & other POS Chinese electronics.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:56 AM   #12
Casemaker

Thanks for the info. We do not play videos or have wifi type access sticks. The TV brand I dont' think matters and is covered up by mounting plate. In TV mode there are choices to zoom in differant variations and other choices in which one says normal which produces a small rectangle picture. No choices fill the screen with a full size picture. Same happened on last TV's from Starcraft. All the choices if screen size stretch or distort the picture. We just hook into the provided cable at the campsite where camping. Trying to decide if it is worth the investment. Our 55" Samsung home TV has a full screen size not distorted picture. Is there something in made for camper TV's that doesn't offer full screen option.
Thanks all for your help.
camper TV's that
Casemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:40 AM   #13
flybouy
Site Team

The only thing "unique" to the TVs in campers is that they are very low end units. It sounds to me like a mismatch of setting between the TV and whatever source is providing the signal to the TV's input. For example if you are watching a DVD or over the air channel that's in HD and the TV is set to SD then it will not display correctly and vis versa.

Most tvs offer a setting to default to HD and "convert" a SD signal via a choice like "stretch to fit", "display in letter box", etc. Dive into the manual or try different settings. For me personally I find it irritating to watch a TV with an inferior display or listen to a set of cheap speakers/cheap radio. That's my preferences, just like the mattress. So I donate that to a shelter for abused women and replace it with I prefer.

If you replace the TV set I have a few recommendations. I measured the opening that the TV sets in first then I look for the largest display size in a TV with an dimensions close to those. Better tvs tend to have smaller frames around the screen so often you can find a larger TV to fit the hole. The factory may put a 32" TV in the unit when a 40" would fit. They use the smaller TV because the other units they build will only hold that size so that's the size they order for that model trailer. Hope that makes sense.

After getting a list of models that fit the hole start looking at features you want, online reviews, and pare down your list to a few choices. If you can find a bid box store that has the models on display go look at them and see if one looks better to you than the rest. Again, it's a personal choice. I typically end up at Costco because they have a lot of tvs on display. I take a small tape measure with me and measure the cabinet size. I've done this many times with purchasing TVs for the house as well.

Good luck in your adventure.

Tags
keystone