Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2021, 07:15 PM   #26
SR71 Jet Mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Thanks guys. I have long struggled with the choice of going to a diesel to reap its benefits vs all the issues they present without lots of cost and "babying". This thread and most I read don't give ME a reason to think I need one as long as I stick within the restrictions that a gas engine presents....which I can.
Lots of people prefer the gas, other the diesel. Really, the weight of my fiver could get by with a gas pickup, I just prefer the diesel. Personally I would not (as some forums do) “dog” someone for their choice in vehicle be it gas/diesel or the Ford/Chevy/Dodge thing. I think it’s petty.

As for “babying”, other than cold and additive (maybe) in the really cold, they really aren’t so different.

As for cost, other than an increase in oil capacity at 12+ qt. Oil and furl filter are roughly the same price. Of course fuel is a little more costly. Spark plugs and coils on the gas. And of course also the extra 12k upfront cost. I do service mine myself (so far).

Again I’m not promoting either, and not even remotely trying to start one of “those” arguments. To each his own as long as it works. It really sounds worse than it is (the diesel).

Scott

SR71 Jet Mech is offline   Reply With Quote