Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #21
chuckster57
Site Team

No one from Keystone reads/responds/ monitors this forum that I am aware of.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:27 PM   #22
LOMBANA

Thanks for all the great responses, I opted to illustrate my point to make it a little clearer, I'm not asking for perfection, just maybe asking for something that looks like it does on other manufacturers product at the same price point. Not too much to ask I think ...

LOMBANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:32 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMBANA View Post
I'm not new to forums, I ran one of the largest computer bulletin board systems in Florida back in the mid-80s and am all too familiar that I was setting myself up for a backlash of being unrealistic but the reality is that if 1 person from manufacturing read that post and takes it back to production and asks the same question and it leads to a change it was worth it.

BTW thanks for your response, very classy

Cheers!
Miguel

I am sure you are aware there is no one "from manufacturing that read the post" from Keystone or anyone that "takes it back to production and asks the same question and it leads to a change". So, your observations are, I guess, useless to you.

Your complaint, to me, is/was extremely petty. You asked if you were being too critical about complaining about a "blue pex tube" being exposed in a $30-40k msrp trailer (pretty much entry level) instead of being enclosed?? Having been asked about details of the other "vendors that go that extra step"....there are none. As you questioned; "seriously, exposed plumbing on a 30K INVESTMENT?!! I guess I miss the point - they all have it, including those far more expensive than your trailer.

Number 4 I think sort of missed the point as well. There is nothing here about being "receptive" or not. The OP didn't ask for suggestions to rectify the issue, just that it just wasn't "upscale" enough for their "30k" investment.

I did not read a single post that could be associated with a "baseball bat with nails". I think that comment is a disservice to anyone/everyone that posted their observations on such a petty concern. Everyone just pointed out that that kind of expectation was, as the OP asked, "being too critical". JMO/YMMV
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:29 AM   #24
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLIN JOSEPH View Post
Really?
Do you not have exposed plumbing to your toilet at home?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMBANA View Post
Yes, I do! It's hidden behind the toilet so it's not the first thing you see when you walk into the bathroom... not a blue exposed tube that spans 18 inches from the wall to the other side of the commode.
Well that is a bit extreme mine comes out of the floor and takes a 90 degree to the flush valve.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:48 AM   #25
hankpage
Site Team

LOMBANA, Welcome to the forum. It is the time of year when most people are winterizing their trailers so they are a little grumpy. But .... I am not defending Keystone but there may be a reason for their shortcut. There may be obstructions in the other walls that prevent the supply line from being routed closer. (vent pipe for black tank, pocket doors, etc. )
As mentioned before, you may be thankful for the extra tubing if you ever need to replace the fill valve on the toilet.
Travel safely and enjoy your new trailer when it arrives, JM2¢, Hank

P.S. : Be sure to take a look at the PDI (pre delivery inspection) form posted on this forum and follow it before you sign on the dotted line. It will save many headaches in the future. click for pdi info
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:12 AM   #26
goducks

That does look tacky from your photo. I've seen that many times, usually in the lower end units.
Not a real good pic. My pipes hidden behind the toilet coming up thru the floor and it's white. You can't see it unless you lean over and look for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet pipe.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	18980  
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:43 AM   #27
bob91yj

I thought the complaint was a little picky until I saw the picture, that does look kind of crappy.
bob91yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:55 AM   #28
LOMBANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
LOMBANA, Welcome to the forum. It is the time of year when most people are winterizing their trailers so they are a little grumpy. But .... I am not defending Keystone but there may be a reason for their shortcut. There may be obstructions in the other walls that prevent the supply line from being routed closer. (vent pipe for black tank, pocket doors, etc. )
As mentioned before, you may be thankful for the extra tubing if you ever need to replace the fill valve on the toilet.
Travel safely and enjoy your new trailer when it arrives, JM2¢, Hank

P.S. : Be sure to take a look at the PDI (pre delivery inspection) form posted on this forum and follow it before you sign on the dotted line. It will save many headaches in the future. click for pdi info
Outstanding thanks for the link to the form this will be put to use in a scant few weeks

Cheers!
Miguel
LOMBANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:32 AM   #29
Number 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I am sure you are aware there is no one "from manufacturing that read the post" from Keystone or anyone that "takes it back to production and asks the same question and it leads to a change". So, your observations are, I guess, useless to you.

Your complaint, to me, is/was extremely petty. You asked if you were being too critical about complaining about a "blue pex tube" being exposed in a $30-40k msrp trailer (pretty much entry level) instead of being enclosed?? Having been asked about details of the other "vendors that go that extra step"....there are none. As you questioned; "seriously, exposed plumbing on a 30K INVESTMENT?!! I guess I miss the point - they all have it, including those far more expensive than your trailer.

Number 4 I think sort of missed the point as well. There is nothing here about being "receptive" or not. The OP didn't ask for suggestions to rectify the issue, just that it just wasn't "upscale" enough for their "30k" investment.

I did not read a single post that could be associated with a "baseball bat with nails". I think that comment is a disservice to anyone/everyone that posted their observations on such a petty concern. Everyone just pointed out that that kind of expectation was, as the OP asked, "being too critical". JMO/YMMV
My "baseball bat" analogy was primarily directed at Flybouy's post below which IMHO is very condescending, especially the whining/crying comment and the link to a "Get Over It" video. I do not wish to start a war since I highly value this forum. Maybe it's just me feeling like there's too much divisiveness and rancor in politics these days and I don't like seeing it here.

Well now Miquel, good luck on finding a color coordinated sewer hose. Really this water supply is bothering you? Maybe you should motor on over to a Airstream dealer. You can get a "operating room look" for only 3X the cost with no slide outs. Not trying to be cynical (no need to try as it comes naturally to me) but before you go whining and crying about this take the time to read the posts of many new owners that have MAJOR issues with their campers. Maybe this will help.
https://youtu.be/HKERBS1Z_WY
Number 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:00 PM   #30
sourdough
Site Team

"My "baseball bat" analogy was primarily directed at Flybouy's post below which IMHO is very condescending, especially the whining/crying comment and the link to a "Get Over It" video. I do not wish to start a war since I highly value this forum. Maybe it's just me feeling like there's too much divisiveness and rancor in politics these days and I don't like seeing it here."

I hear you. I belong to many forums and this one is by far the most informative, and fun, of them all - AND, with the most active participants, which I really like.

I, like you, feel there is so much divisiveness everywhere since 2008 but we should all try, on an RV forum, to keep those perspectives in line. I used to always feel that "nearly everyone" felt like I did about right, wrong, constitution, laws etc., but, amazingly to me , I've found that there are folks that don't think like I do. Not trying to go political or anything else; just food for thought for folks that, unrealized by me until a few years ago, may be addressing folks that aren't part of what I considered "the norm".

I do not wish, nor intend, for my comments to start any kind of conversation about anything, particularly political; simply as food for thought for those of us that post things and the requirement that we need to consider the complexion of the audience instead of being like me....(in the past) , thinking I was speaking to folks of a like mind.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:42 AM   #31
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

#BeCivilWithEachOther

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 05:44 AM   #32
jsmith948

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
#BeCivilWithEachOther
I agree. We should be able to have a little fun with our posts as long as we keep it clean and respectful. By the way..the DW wrapped our blue pipe with some garland and hung a couple of sleigh bells on it...instead of hearing the water hammer effect, we hear "an angel getting his wings"

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:33 AM   #33
Hodgy

I too did not like the look of the blue PEX to the toilet so I cut it out and changed it to the standard opaque white. Looks much better now.

Out !

2016 Bullet 1800RB, UVW 3260, led by a 2005 Chev Silverado Z-71 1500, Crew Cab, 5.3L, 4WD, Tow & Off Road Package with 4.10 Rear Axle, GVR 7000 lbs, Front GWAR 3925 lbs & Rear GWAR 4000 lbs., Payload 1600 lbs., Hellwig 6012 Air Bags. 97' Honda Goldwing GL1500.
Home Base is the Alberta Foothills at 4300 ' ASL.
Hodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:46 AM   #34
BadmanRick

This is nitpicking BS. stick a plant in front of it so you don’t see it.
BadmanRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:59 AM   #35
Local150

You cant see water line to toilet in my 5ver ,, which is nice I guess but don't think it would bother me if it was exposed,, maybe it's there because of a freeze problem who knows,, but if you don't like it it's your $,, look around. Think you guys have been a little hard on him though
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:06 AM   #36
Brantlaker

Just a quick note my $129,000.00 Alfa Gold has the line showing and I put a silver wire control cover on it.

2012 Cougar 318SAB
2015 F350 SWD 4X4 3.55 Rear
Brantlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:31 AM   #37
Windsormike6

2002 keystone sprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Help me here. A 30-40k RV and you want completely enclosed water lines to the toilet? Have you ever seen that anywhere? Of course not. Homes costing 100s of thousands of dollars have exposed lines to the toilet. I would love to know the brand of the "other" trailer you had that you don't complain about and had "enclosed" plumbing to the toilet.

I think it would be interesting if you could provide all of the other brands that completely enclose all the plumbing to the toilet on a 30-40k msrp trailer - I've never seen one so looking forward to being "educated".
I have a 2002 keystone sprinter no exposed water lines they come from under the floor straight into the toilet and homes don’t have water lines that run across the floor for 18” they come straight out of the wall because of building regulation. the trailers that have exposed water lines along the floor they do that for speed and convenience for them to save 20.00 per trailer when the trailer is being built everything is exposed it’s takes 2 seconds to run the water line in a wall or under the floor it just costs for the wall fittings not good quality in my book
Windsormike6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:46 AM   #38
Local150

I feel he was slammed for his thoughts,, I was on the fence until I saw your pictures,, I wouldn't like it either
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:07 AM   #39
Number 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith948 View Post
I agree. We should be able to have a little fun with our posts as long as we keep it clean and respectful. By the way..the DW wrapped our blue pipe with some garland and hung a couple of sleigh bells on it...instead of hearing the water hammer effect, we hear "an angel getting his wings"
LOL! Awesome mod.

Number 4: 2013 Hideout 19FLBWE
Number 3: 1994 Skyline Nomad 1661
Number 2: 1971 Santa Fe
Number 1: 1967 Shasta Airflyte
2015 F-250 Lariat 6.2L CC 4x4 3.73
Number 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:19 AM   #40
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsormike6 View Post
I have a 2002 keystone sprinter no exposed water lines they come from under the floor straight into the toilet and homes don’t have water lines that run across the floor for 18” they come straight out of the wall because of building regulation. the trailers that have exposed water lines along the floor they do that for speed and convenience for them to save 20.00 per trailer when the trailer is being built everything is exposed it’s takes 2 seconds to run the water line in a wall or under the floor it just costs for the wall fittings not good quality in my book

I made an observation that is correct as far as I know when I said they all have exposed plumbing. In any home I've ever built or been in (thousands) the water line come through the wall and at that point are exposed. Then there is the exposed valve, then the supply line (12" +) to the toilet/sink etc. - all exposed.

On your Sprinter where does it enter the toilet and get to the valve? Is it completely under the toilet by the floor seal? I would doubt it. I suspect it comes out of the floor or wall, exposed, behind the toilet. Maybe I'm wrong.

As far as the OP and the exposed line; he said he was buying the trailer. Then after doing so came to the forum to complain about the cheapness of the installation of the "blue tube". The posted pictures (posted after I had made all my posts - my last post shows after the pics but I was writing it when the other post came in) show some very different installations. The Cougar toilet appears further away from the walls than the others along with different toilet construction. I will agree that there was probably a better way to route the supply line but I wasn't there putting it in.

All I know is that if I chose to buy the trailer after looking at it and accepting the water line installation I doubt I would be getting on internet forums complaining about how cheap the manufacturer was. Sort of like buying a car after telling the salesman how much you love it and what a great ride it will be, then go home and get on the internet and start trashing it - I don't get it. I do think however the OP may have thought that Keystone was monitoring the forum and his observation might/could bring about change.

Tags
plumbing