Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2018, 03:37 PM   #1
schad

Need help with musty odor

Hello, I have a 2014 Passport 195RB that I bought 2 months ago. I thought I smelt must when I looked at it (private sale) but figured it was due to being shut.

I brought it home and could not lose that smell..it was in the bedspread..which I washed a number of times to lose the odor.

I went camping for 2 weeks. Hung clothes in the two closets next to the bed only to have all the clothes wreak of must.

I am very concerned as I do not see or feel any wetness anywhere on walls of floor of the cabinets. The pass-thru storage compartment is underneath the closets yet I see not signs of water there either. I hung a damp rid bag in each closet and within 5 days there is about and inch and a half of water in each bag. I put in a brand new mattress and need to find the problem as I don't want this odor to get into that.

Can anyone please help me to figure out this musty smell. It is sending me over the top.

Thank you
schad is offline   Reply With Quote