Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2017, 12:44 PM   #1
Goose

Sewer Tank Dual Flush PRO

Got a new toy today. Has anyone else used one of these? I've heard a lot of good things, but wanted to hear from you all. I'll be trying it out this weekend. 💩
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1362.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	13532  
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:43 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If you've got a "straight shot into your black tank" it might do you some good. If, however, your dump valve connection (where you'd install that device) is three 90 degree elbows, a slide valve and a "steep vertical climb" from the connection to the entry point on the tank, then pretty much all you'd be doing is "back filling water into the black tank without any possibility of having a "pressure stream" that would "knock the stuff off the tank walls"....

When using it, be sure to keep your gray tank valves closed or you'll flow black tank contents into the gray tanks as that device adds water which can "equalize the level" in all your tanks if the gray valves are open.

Try it, you may like it or you may find that it's another piece of plastic that takes up space in the bucket of sewer fittings.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:55 PM   #3
ChuckS

I use one like this that also has a gate valve. Use on 2014 Alpine. Cleans out my black tank very nicely. Plus with the clear section you can see what is or isn't coming out. I'm amazed at how much left over stuff comes out of the black tank when using this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:13 PM   #4
Goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
I use one like this that also has a gate valve. Use on 2014 Alpine. Cleans out my black tank very nicely. Plus with the clear section you can see what is or isn't coming out. I'm amazed at how much left over stuff comes out of the black tank when using this.

I also liked the fact that it has that clear section. I've been wanting to pick up one of those clear 90 degree elbows anyways. Two birds I guess. I'll report back on how well it does after this weekend.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:34 PM   #5
Javi

I used a similar device on my Passport and it worked well, but with the BT flush on the Cougar I gave it to my SIL for their new trailer... he has only used it once but said he really liked it...
Old 08-02-2017, 03:51 PM   #6
eoitker

I have the same one but have not used it yet because I am unsure if it's really what I need for my 239ml. I'll be watching for your update on how it works for you.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
eoitker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:02 PM   #7
Goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoitker View Post
I have the same one but have not used it yet because I am unsure if it's really what I need for my 239ml. I'll be watching for your update on how it works for you.

I'll post about it in the next few days on this thread. It has great reviews. Must do something. How cool would that be to actually have sensors that read accurately? Lol
Old 08-02-2017, 09:06 PM   #8
Johnny's Journey

I really like the mine. Only issue I had was the ball valve. It dislocates it's self under pressure (ball pivot not support at both ends. As if a ball does has ends ? ). I cured that by resting the ball in the open position and removing the handle then added a garden hose shut valve to fix the issue. I see the one you have has a much nicer valve.
Johnny's Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:18 AM   #9
Canonman

https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-tips/tes...rv-black-tank/
Here is a link to a test of several products done by a real "Rocket Scientist"
It's an interesting video and should shed some light on the topic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3622 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	443.0 KB
ID:	13538  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:28 AM   #10
Goose

Got some good use out of it while camping at Disney's Fort Wilderness for several days. This is the first time since owning this rig, that I have gotten an EMPTY reading on my black tank. So, apparently it works rather well. The only thing I see is that the water pressure doesn't seem to be all that heavy. Doesn't seem to be much different than sticking a hose down the toilet and filling it up that way. However, this valve makes things MUCH easier and cleaner. The set up is nice and has some cool little options on it. I really can't believe that they only ask $20 for it. Seems like at least a $50 piece of equipment. Great deal for a great product. I would definitely recommend for anyone who doesn't have a built in flush system on their rig.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:41 AM   #11
Johnny's Journey

Great to hear your happy with your decision.
Johnny's Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:44 PM   #12
eoitker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Got some good use out of it while camping at Disney's Fort Wilderness for several days. This is the first time since owning this rig, that I have gotten an EMPTY reading on my black tank. So, apparently it works rather well. The only thing I see is that the water pressure doesn't seem to be all that heavy. Doesn't seem to be much different than sticking a hose down the toilet and filling it up that way. However, this valve makes things MUCH easier and cleaner. The set up is nice and has some cool little options on it. I really can't believe that they only ask $20 for it. Seems like at least a $50 piece of equipment. Great deal for a great product. I would definitely recommend for anyone who doesn't have a built in flush system on their rig.
That's an excellent review GOOSE! Thanks. I think I'll try mine this weekend.

eoitker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:11 AM   #13
Dave W

That's not a lot different then the arrangement I'm been using the past 4 times out with my FloJet macerator. I'm more then happy as the black tank has always been a slow draining one even though it has no blockage - yeah, I stuck my hand in there when I added better level sensors and fixed a tiny valve outlet seal ring leak.

The line up is a common Valterra secondary gate valve, a clear 6" and a 45* clear section then the grinder. The macerator works great, I have to add but the back flush gadget really finishes the job. It almost appears that I'm getting 'stuff' out of that black tank that has been there since new.

The cleaning action isn't so much that straight on water pressure blasts the paper, etc. from tank walls and whatever is hanging on the level sensors but that it puts gallons of water in the tank and creates a swirl action much like a washing machine and that peels whatever is stuck, off. With that back flush, have only used the installed spray gadget once and that didn't add a bit of 'stuff' leaving the tank.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:22 AM   #14
Goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
That's not a lot different then the arrangement I'm been using the past 4 times out with my FloJet macerator. I'm more then happy as the black tank has always been a slow draining one even though it has no blockage - yeah, I stuck my hand in there when I added better level sensors and fixed a tiny valve outlet seal ring leak.

The line up is a common Valterra secondary gate valve, a clear 6" and a 45* clear section then the grinder. The macerator works great, I have to add but the back flush gadget really finishes the job. It almost appears that I'm getting 'stuff' out of that black tank that has been there since new.

The cleaning action isn't so much that straight on water pressure blasts the paper, etc. from tank walls and whatever is hanging on the level sensors but that it puts gallons of water in the tank and creates a swirl action much like a washing machine and that peels whatever is stuck, off. With that back flush, have only used the installed spray gadget once and that didn't add a bit of 'stuff' leaving the tank.

The Macerator sounds cool just by the name alone. Yeah, I get that it's probably not high water pressure that does the trick. I just assumed the water pressure may be a bit higher than it is. Once I filled my black tank I let it sit for a little while and then flushed it out and that's when I started seeing all kinds brown beauties come whizzing by. Clumps of toilet paper too which is probably older stuff because we really don't like to flush TP down the toilet. For the money, the Dual Flush Pro is outstanding and anytime I am on sewer hookup while camping, I will be flushing my black tank several times.

I just want to go camping.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:42 AM   #15
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
The Macerator sounds cool just by the name alone. Yeah, I get that it's probably not high water pressure that does the trick. I just assumed the water pressure may be a bit higher than it is. Once I filled my black tank I let it sit for a little while and then flushed it out and that's when I started seeing all kinds brown beauties come whizzing by. Clumps of toilet paper too which is probably older stuff because we really don't like to flush TP down the toilet. For the money, the Dual Flush Pro is outstanding and anytime I am on sewer hookup while camping, I will be flushing my black tank several times.

Macerator just sounds mean. All it really is is a portable garbage disposall

That macerator works well for us now but I have to say it's not an inexpensive replacement for the ol' slinky. It was bought early last year but only used it one time and wasn't happy with the way it worked. We are set up on our summer seasonal site backwards from the CG sewer system dump and a bunch of feet ~30'. Running the hose under the 5er is not good and it had virtually no grade to aid the draining. After doing further 'research' came up with the arrangement I have now and am very happy. I still have a slinky for when we travel though.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:53 PM   #16
MattE303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
Macerator just sounds mean. All it really is is a portable garbage disposall

That macerator works well for us now but I have to say it's not an inexpensive replacement for the ol' slinky.
I bought a Valterra SewerSolution that I'm pretty happy with, it's sort of a poor man's macerator. I use it to empty our tanks into the sewer clean-outs at home, using about 100' of small diameter PVC. The SS uses water from a garden hose hookup, focused thru a narrow jet to break up solids and push everything thru. You can also redirect the jet so the water goes up into the black tank (similar to what the Dual Flush does) although I get great results using the built-in black tank flush mechanism, so I don't use it that way much.

2002 Ford F350 7.3 Super Duty XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW -- Pullrite Super 5th 16K
2017 Keystone Carbon 337
2022 Honda CRF-450R
MattE303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:23 AM   #17
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattE303 View Post
I bought a Valterra SewerSolution that I'm pretty happy with, it's sort of a poor man's macerator. I use it to empty our tanks into the sewer clean-outs at home, using about 100' of small diameter PVC. The SS uses water from a garden hose hookup, focused thru a narrow jet to break up solids and push everything thru. You can also redirect the jet so the water goes up into the black tank (similar to what the Dual Flush does) although I get great results using the built-in black tank flush mechanism, so I don't use it that way much.
I tried that system before I went with the macerator but wasn't happy with the amount of water needed (nor was our seasonal CG owner). It did work well though and is an inexpensive 'grinder'. I also used PVC (1")

Tags
tank