Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2023, 02:29 PM   #21
firestation12

Maybe someone else who has experience with the giggybox could reply. I’ve never seen the inside of one. A volt meter will help you quickly to narrow the problem to its source.
Retired Fire Capt/paramedic 34 yrs
Current owner 2 HVAC companies
Past owner Res/Com electrical
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 11:14 AM   #22
jvbutter01

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasNav View Post
This is the disconnect on the tongue. I didn't alter it when installing the battery box. The bottom of the switch box housing rests on the battery tray supports not allowing for the cover to seat correctly. [From factory this way] That's why I have some duct tape over the cover lip to minimize any water intrusion. I did remove the cover when wiring in the new batteries because the wire route required a longer lead. Really don't like the stacked connectors that I saw inside.
thats the same mess I have on my PassPort. Id love to simplify it. When i got my LIth batteries i too pulled the buckets from tongue and put them under the front bed. All that wiring is under the bed, i did section of a portion. I have a WSCO charger mounted down there connected full type to the batteries. I cut a slice in the underbelly and the cord drops down there. Its a little pain, but i just plug in when I bring back to storage. Been working good for 2yr now. Im still waiting to get my solar panels to add to the roof.

just my $0.02
Old 06-21-2023, 06:16 PM   #23
GlasNav

UPDATE: Still working thru this, 14.7 at the charger when in bulk mode, only getting 13.6 at the batteries with a digital meter when the charger is in bulk mode, 13.4 with the shore power disconnected at night without solar input.
I'm thinking there maybe an issue inside the Giggy Box.

Will provide further info whenever I disconnect the batteries, and remove the custom battery box to permit access to the Giggy Box.....

2021 Cougar 25RDS
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, Mega Cab, DRW,
Cummins 6.7 HO, Aisin 6 Spd HD, 4x4
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 06:22 PM   #24
snoobler

13.4V resting or with small load is either fully charged or very nearly fully charged.
Old 06-21-2023, 06:35 PM   #25
GlasNav

13.4 is at night with no shore power, but when I switch on the shore power, and the charger goes into bulk mode, only getting 13.6 at the batteries and 14.7 at the charger. The only thing between the batteries and the charger is the Giggy Box with the cam busbar contact arrangement.

Poor connection, I don't know yet!

2021 Cougar 25RDS
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, Mega Cab, DRW,
Cummins 6.7 HO, Aisin 6 Spd HD, 4x4
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote