Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2023, 07:55 AM   #1
4Buck

In- Command Updates

I see they have came out with software updates in May of this year. Has anyone tried the new updates? If so what does it do and have you had any problems?
4Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 08:15 AM   #2
GlasNav

I updated ours and the improvement that we are seeing is that the connectivity with the iPhone app is now solid, hasn't dropped or become goofy and glitchy as before.

2021 Cougar 25RDS
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, Mega Cab, DRW,
Cummins 6.7 HO, Aisin 6 Spd HD, 4x4
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 10:22 AM   #3
RollaMo

Just like all other computer systems, there will always be constant updates.

I don't think they have any documentation on exactly what issues or improvements the updates address.

I have done one update to our system late last fall and didn't have any issues with the update.
But I haven't done the latest update yet.
Old 06-01-2023, 12:46 PM   #4
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasNav View Post
I updated ours and the improvement that we are seeing is that the connectivity with the iPhone app is now solid, hasn't dropped or become goofy and glitchy as before.
I'm glad they improved the connection to something. It still disconnects and reconnects to WiFi every 1-2 hours, sending an annoyance message to my phone that "DC Offline" each time. It's not a signal issue, as the AP is literally 5" behind the DCM (plus I can see the signal is in the -40s, which is the "strong but not oppressive" range). ASA has given up finding this issue -- last time we chatted, they actually recommended (as a general rule) power-cycling the DCM weekly(!)

To be clear, this problem has existed for years (perhaps since I bought the rig) and has nothing particularly to do with the most recent update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 1.36.55 PM.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	44096  
Old 06-01-2023, 01:12 PM   #5
Troutmadness

Hi. I just purchase a 22mls cougar travel trailer yesterday and the dealer could not answer any questions I had. On the in command center, if you are plugged into 30 amp power should you turn off the solar panel? If you are plugged in, should you use the shut off switch and shut off the lithium battery? Also I live in Wisconsin and should I disconnect the lithium battery and bring it in te hose or he winter? We do get to minus 26 degree and lower temps with wind chill. Thank you so much. No one knew the answers to my questions t the dealership.
Troutmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 01:17 PM   #6
LHaven

Please start a new thread headlined with your problem. Hijacking an existing, unrelated thread rarely gets eyeballs on your problem.
Old 06-01-2023, 01:29 PM   #7
Troutmadness

So sorry. I am new to this. I appreciate you comment, thanks for letting me know.
Troutmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 04:32 AM   #8
4Buck

Doesn't sound like the new update will fix my issue that I have had since buying the camper in 2021. My rear ac will work perfect for a while then start acting up. When you run it on auto it will cycle fine for maybe 5 times or 30 times, just never know. Then the temp will get 10 degrees warmer and it will not cycle until I turn it to off and then back on again. Front one works perfect.

I reboot the system and it seems to help for a while again, have called Dometic and ASA and the both blame each other. To be safe when we are gone I run the ac on high and not auto. This is on a 2021 Alpine
Old 06-02-2023, 08:17 AM   #9
GlasNav

Don't know if this is pertinent, our 2021 came off the assembly line late in August due to Covid related supply issues, while 2022s were already rolling off the line. [A bit off topic, I digress] We received a recall package from Keystone in the mail that included a circuit loop end terminator which had to be plugged into the control board of the front AC. Our occasional HVAC hiccups with ours stopped after plugging in the small terminator.

2021 Cougar 25RDS
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, Mega Cab, DRW,
Cummins 6.7 HO, Aisin 6 Spd HD, 4x4
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 09:22 AM   #10
4Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasNav View Post
Don't know if this is pertinent, our 2021 came off the assembly line late in August due to Covid related supply issues, while 2022s were already rolling off the line. [A bit off topic, I digress] We received a recall package from Keystone in the mail that included a circuit loop end terminator which had to be plugged into the control board of the front AC. Our occasional HVAC hiccups with ours stopped after plugging in the small terminator.
Thanks, I did read that they were doing that. What I heard was that the Alpine was different then the Couger, this was last year.
Old 06-02-2023, 12:23 PM   #11
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Buck View Post
My rear ac will work perfect for a while then start acting up. When you run it on auto it will cycle fine for maybe 5 times or 30 times, just never know. Then the temp will get 10 degrees warmer and it will not cycle until I turn it to off and then back on again.

have called Dometic and ASA and the both blame each other.
ASA is pretty clear that their equipment is nothing more than a window into the HVAC gateway box – it sets values there and reports on the values there, but doesn't actively conduct the operation of the HVAC in real time, that's the gateway's job. My guess is that the problem is in your Dometic components.
LHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 06:33 PM   #12
bigrockk

I have done the incommand updates and had no issues at all. Not sure about the improvements but it is working well and stable.
As far as the AC goes I've had the same problem since new (2019). In my case it is the "freeze sensor" in the evap coil that is causing the system to lock out. The freeze sensor is doing it's job as the evap coil is definitely freezing up.

I've had the dealership road service out four or five times now, they have repositioned the freeze sensor (helped a bit as far as locking out but it still happens) They and later me have sealed things up better between intake and output air, again that helped slightly but still having the same problem. Both coils and filter are clean.

This AC doesn't blow very cold when it's hot outside and nowhere near as cold as the front AC but dealership thinks it's okay I suppose so eventually I may have to spring for a new one.

Good luck!
bigrockk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 11:28 PM   #13
LHaven

Have you opened the A/C and inspected the ducts? RVs are notorious for having shoddily fit and taped A/C ducts.

Look on YouTube for the videos touting various kits to reduce A/C noise -- regardless of the actual kit, pay attention to the portions where they show photos of the factory duct entries and taping, and how the owners had to redo them properly before even beginning to install the kit. You may be looking at this sort of exercise. I can see how the freezing behavior could easily be connected to the same sort of uncontrolled airflow problems.
Old 06-09-2023, 02:51 AM   #14
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Buck View Post
I see they have came out with software updates in May of this year. Has anyone tried the new updates? If so what does it do and have you had any problems?
from what i’ve read it updates the tiny cameras that are installed in the CO detectors..helps with the resolution so they get a better picture while they are monitoring the rv..i also heard they have them in the light switches…that’s why the little light stays lit on the switch at night
Old 06-19-2023, 06:34 PM   #15
wobly

I installed the three available updates on our 2019 Cougar 29BHS and the only noticeable difference is that it doesn't drop our wifi signal everyday. It used to be that every time I would check the system while sitting in the driveway, it would see the wifi signal from the house, but it wasn't connected. Now, it seems to stay connected on a regular basis.
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 05:53 AM   #16
Tater

Being new to the in command system, how do you receive these updates?
Old 06-20-2023, 06:07 AM   #17
ChuckS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
Being new to the in command system, how do you receive these updates?
Go to this link..

https://in-command.net/in-command-w-global-connect/

Your new 2023 Alpine has the Global Connect version ( most likely ) and to verify this simply look at the display tablet and look at the logo on the bottom edge...

The link above not only has a lot of info on how to setup your system, how to troubleshoot when issues arise... it also has a section to guide you through the steps needed to update the firmware..

You need to learn what the BCM is, where it is located, and how to do a HARD RESET of the entire system..

When the In Command system glitches ( and it will ) you are basically dead in the water with a non functioning system until you can clear ( hopefully ) the system lock up that has occurred...

Two thing I would do on that New 2023 Alpine NOW are:
.. remove the battery ground cable at the frame and scrape the paint away to bare metal and reconnect the ground cable to frame
.. remove the ground wire on the BCM to the frame and remove that paint also and reattach the ground wire from BCM to frame

Poor grounds ( and your new 2023 has them ) will cause fluctuations in the 12 vdc and the In Command BCM does not like 12 vdc power fluxes

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote