Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2023, 01:50 PM   #1
Squanto

Xantrex Freedom X 2000 not going to grid mode

Hi,
Newer Keystone Cougar 23MLE and I notice the inverter isn't switching over to shore power. Any suggestions where to start looking into this?
Squanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 02:07 PM   #2
Essvar

The inverter setting could be set to not transfer if the voltage is less than 220 or any value greater than your input voltage.

https://xantrex.com/wp-content/uploa..._Rev-C_ENG.pdf

See page 47 and 54 of the owners manual for reference
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 02:40 PM   #3
Squanto

Thanks. I haven't changed any settings so it should still be at the default 170V. I have a hardwired Watchdog showing no problems with the shore power.
Old 05-30-2023, 09:54 AM   #4
Squanto

Wish all problems were this easy to fix. Opened the fuse panel and the SOLAR breaker was tripped. Works fine now.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:11 PM   #5
SavageBato

Xantrex Freedom X 2000 not keeping batteries charged

I have a Keystone Cougar 24RDS 5th wheel. I still consider myself a newbie even though I've had my rig for 2 years. Mainly because I can't get a grip on my electrical situation with confidence.

I can't seem to keep my batteries charged after the solar has effectively (supposedly) charged them all day. After several days even. With very little battery usage (extremely conservative), my CPAP machine dies about an hour into the night. "Battery voltage low" is the message.

I feel like I'm either not turning the inverter on or off correctly and allowing my batteries to charge even though it will range around 13.0 V when I go to bed.

Could there be something draining my battery without my knowing/realizing?
SavageBato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 05:30 AM   #6
jxnbbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageBato View Post
I have a Keystone Cougar 24RDS 5th wheel. I still consider myself a newbie even though I've had my rig for 2 years. Mainly because I can't get a grip on my electrical situation with confidence.

I can't seem to keep my batteries charged after the solar has effectively (supposedly) charged them all day. After several days even. With very little battery usage (extremely conservative), my CPAP machine dies about an hour into the night. "Battery voltage low" is the message.

I feel like I'm either not turning the inverter on or off correctly and allowing my batteries to charge even though it will range around 13.0 V when I go to bed.

Can you summarize your solar setup, inverter setup and batteries? I assume that you are saying that you are not connected to shore power and rely on the inverter to supply AC to run the CPAP. When the batteries get below the set low voltage it shuts off. Additionally we would need to know what runs on AC when you are setup this way. (example what type of fridge do you have and or do you have a 'dorm fridge in an external kitchen running or ???)
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 06:18 AM   #7
tallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageBato View Post

12V Frig, gas detector, in-command, still all depends on your setup. If you have invertor giving you AC from the batteries, your converter (AC to DC) could be running off your invertor, to put out 12V to frig, etc. All of this is a guess from me. Hope it sparks an idea. Good Luck
2005 F250 6.0L 4x4 Diesel SRW

tallen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mod