Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2023, 10:40 AM   #1
Gearbox5

Keystone 390 water system

Hello,

I have a 2022 Keystone 390 DS. I am wondering about a small vent on the outside of the left side, near the back. Clear water seems to be dripping from it and it looks like an app. 1 inch plastic hose goes from the outside vent to the inside the frame to something. There is also two plastic petcock valves on the undercarriage. I think the one on the right is to drain the fresh water tank, [we always use city water], but I do not know what the one on the left side between the axles is for. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Gearbox5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 01:23 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I didn't look up your trailer but you should have 2 drain pipes sticking down with caps or valves on them to drain the hot and cold fresh water lines. Could be white or red and blue. You should have a stand alone drain for the fresh water tank. That vent you describe sounds like the fresh water tank vent.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 04:50 PM   #3
Gearbox5

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info. You are correct about the two valves and the fresh water overflow. I checked the gauge and the fresh water tank was full even tho the tank had never been filled and the switch in the outside water box was never moved and was in the correct position. I switched to the pump and used up the fresh tank and the outside dripping stopped and the gauge went to zero.The switch in the outside water box seems to be moving OK, but I wonder if it is leaking even tho it seems OK. I am monitoring it. Thank you!
Gearbox5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 05:10 PM   #4
bobbecky

The filling of the fresh tank could also have been due to crud in the check valve in the water pump. Hopefully, running all that water through the pump cleared the crud if that was the cause of the tank filling.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone, water