Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2023, 07:29 PM   #1
AlaskaJeff

Water heater anode

I've had my fifth wheel for 5 years now, using it only for about 6 months a year, usually in Arizona with well water, from October to April. I used the water heater in electric mode until last October. At that time, because electrical rates were so high at my current RV park, I decided to use propane and only turn it on when I actually was going to use the hot water. The anodes, for the first four years, were whittled down to just about nothing. This year when I went to change the anode, it was like brand new. It appears, too, that my tank is practically scale free as compared to previous years. I would assume it could be electrolysis from using the tank in electric mode which caused the anode to almost completely degrade? Or could it be that I didn't have constant heat going to the tank? I'm not complaining! But I am curious as to how my anode survived 6 months with little corrosion. Thanks.
AlaskaJeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, water, water heater