Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
frano

Closet Rod

Our 2012 Vantage 32FLS has a rear closet. We're having an issue with the clothes hangers staying on the rod during travel. With or without clothes on the hangers, they come off the rod and fall to the floor during travel. Does anyone have a solution to keep the hangers on the rod during travel? Thanks
frano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Lynx Stay-Put Clothes Hangers might be the solution. You can find them on ebay for around $8.00/set or go to www.adventureRV.net (look up Stay-Put Clothes Hangers Closet Hook RV Camper) who also carries and sells them for a bit less--- $5 for 6pak
Old 05-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
byrdr1

Another choice is a tension style curtain rod or shower curtain type rod. make sure you have the right lenght and the right tension on it and place it behind the clothes hangers and they will not bounce off or back off. the tension rod holds everything tight up against the rod.
Worked for ours.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
KanTC

Suggestion --and I honestly don't know if it would work or not, but-- maybe try some of the extra thick rubberized cabinet/shelf liner.
Wrap the closet rod (length & width) with a single (or double?) layer of rubber liner, and secure it with zip-ties (tie wraps). If that doesn't
work, wellll, it's not permanent ... get the hangers Festus suggested.

Hope this helps.
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
rheltzel

Closet Rod

My wife and I had the same problem. We solved it by buying special RV clothes hangers at Camping World. They may be the same kind mentioned in one of the above replies. They snap onto the rod; haven't had a problem since we started using them. They're pretty inexpensive.
rheltzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
rheltzel

Frano,

See also my post on the Vantage Social Group page about the closet shelf self-destructing and my solution for it.

Yes...they are the same as suggested by Festus2. See:
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...gers-6pk/31375

They work great!!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #7
billb800si

I almost hate to post this but what the heck. We've had a Jayco Eagle trailer for 7 years now (just bought a Keystone Cougar) and the Jayco had a rear bedroom wall to wall wardrobe. Every time we stopped we found clothes on the floor. A friend told us to turn the hanger around?? The open part of the top hanger now faces the front of the trailer. You're not gonna believe this -- but it works. We no longer have any problems with clothes falling. I have no idea why it works- it just does..
Happy trails,
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #8
rheltzel

Closet Rod

A cheaper alternative to buying specialty clothes hangers!! Certainly worth a try.

Isn't it amazing the collective smarts of a group! This is a classic example of how "social media" will revolutionize how we learn from each other!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 03:20 AM   #9
CincyGus

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb800si View Post
I almost hate to post this but what the heck. We've had a Jayco Eagle trailer for 7 years now (just bought a Keystone Cougar) and the Jayco had a rear bedroom wall to wall wardrobe. Every time we stopped we found clothes on the floor. A friend told us to turn the hanger around?? The open part of the top hanger now faces the front of the trailer. You're not gonna believe this -- but it works. We no longer have any problems with clothes falling. I have no idea why it works- it just does..
Happy trails,
X2.

Had the exact same problem, read the turnaround suggestion and tried it figuring it was free, what can it hurt and have not had a hanger come off the rod since. I don't understand why but it's one of those "Don't look a gift........ moments.

If it hadn't worked, my solution was going to be to attach a bungie cord parallel to the clothes rod with (about 1/8" spacing) I would have to slide the hanger between the rod and bungie to hang it on the rod. Figured it would keep pressure on the hanger and prevent movement. Luckily, never needed to try it.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods https://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:52 AM   #10
Ayotte

We had the same problem. Bought some of that split foam insulation that you put on hot water pipes and installed it on the rods. Problem solved.
Ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote