Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2014, 03:21 AM   #1
Laredo60

Mirror

Hope everyone had a safe and fun week end. I was wondering if anyone has had any trouble with the big mirror that is attached to the back of their T.V.? I had mine just fall off this week end . Pulled the whopping four screws they had holding it on right out. This mirror is heavy. Fortunately it did not break or fall on anyone including my 2 year old granddaughter. But I am letting everyone know to be careful and check the screws out on yours. I have a 303tg and the large flat screen tv. So the mirror is the same size as the tv.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:53 PM   #2
gvansickle1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo60 View Post
Hope everyone had a safe and fun week end. I was wondering if anyone has had any trouble with the big mirror that is attached to the back of their T.V.? I had mine just fall off this week end . Pulled the whopping four screws they had holding it on right out. This mirror is heavy. Fortunately it did not break or fall on anyone including my 2 year old granddaughter. But I am letting everyone know to be careful and check the screws out on yours. I have a 303tg and the large flat screen tv. So the mirror is the same size as the tv.
Thanks for the heads up! Hate to have that happen. I'll check ours this Thursday before we head out.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #3
barchak

Mirror Mount

Mine also came loose and I noticed it this weekend. The screw holes are stripped and you are not kidding, this mirror is heavy. I stowed it under the bed for the trip home.

I am thinking about a couple of options to repair. One is to drill out the stripped holes and use some anchors to remount. My concern with this is, the back of the mirror is hardboard and will likely strip out again due to the weight of the mirror. The better option would be to remove the hardboard and mount the remount the mirror onto a plywood board with edge trim. I will look at it this weekend.

I am also thinking about installing some type of a flexible sweep around the edges of the mirror to completely block the gap around the mirror.
barchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:14 PM   #4
barchak

Fixed Mirror

I fixed the mirror this weekend in my Laredo 303TG. The mirror is in two pieces, there is an MDF backer board and the framed mirror. I removed the mirror from the backer board and drill out the holes to accept a t-bolt from the back. After inserting the four t-bolts, I reattached the framed mirror. Installing in the trailer I used allen head bolts and washers along with some blue loctite.

Worked really well and I am pretty sure it is not coming off again. All parts for repair bought at Home Depot.

I have yet to find a suitable material for adding sweeps around the edges. I will let you know what I find.

Ed
barchak is offline   Reply With Quote