Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2021, 04:32 PM   #21
jasin1

I also have the allstays app on my iPad and it’s a pretty good app..it has filters with different height clearances and maps for the America’s…you can layout a route I believe and set height clearances and other filters and then transfer over to your truck nav manually….it also has all the campgrounds and state parks etc and reviews and pictures of all of them…pretty nice app but I haven’t really used it for laying out routes …you could though
Old 07-24-2021, 04:43 PM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunked again View Post
Flybuoy - WOW! Talk about being hurt. I'll leave it at that, wait, nope, let's just stay off topic.... So what kinda tow vehicle do I need ? So I don't get anymore "I trust you'll make the right decision" for my family, those around me, and lastly, myself.
https://www.keystonerv.com/product/b...trailers/specs
Above is a link for keystone, our trailer is a 1900rd.
Remember what you wrote earlier, when recommending a tow vehicle.

Oh, by the way, I never asked for anyone's towing "curriculum vitae" for towing. Reread what I asked.
I only replied to this post once, do you have me confused with someone else? You apparently missed my point about asking if someone has ever towed with your brand truck. As for rereading your question there's no need as I know what you asked. This is a forum and not a strict question and answer session or a "help desk" and yes, if someone has concerns other than "your question" then it's natural for them to expand on it. All that's required is to ignore or repond with a "I'm aware of my truck's capability and it's dll good."

As I stated "You must need to make that decision. Hopefully you will make an informed decision. " so concerning a tow vehichle recommendation I can certianly give you one if that's not a snarky retorical question. Otherwise, I think this conversation is over. Feel free to PM me if you have further issues.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:01 PM   #23
skunked again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
I also have the allstays app on my iPad and it’s a pretty good app..it has filters with different height clearances and maps for the America’s…you can layout a route I believe and set height clearances and other filters and then transfer over to your truck nav manually….it also has all the campgrounds and state parks etc and reviews and pictures of all of them…pretty nice app but I haven’t really used it for laying out routes …you could though
Thank You very much
skunked again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:07 PM   #24
skunked again

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I only replied to this post once, do you have me confused with someone else? You apparently missed my point about asking if someone has ever towed with your brand truck. As for rereading your question there's no need as I know what you asked. This is a forum and not a strict question and answer session or a "help desk" and yes, if someone has concerns other than "your question" then it's natural for them to expand on it. All that's required is to ignore or repond with a "I'm aware of my truck's capability and it's dll good."

As I stated "You must need to make that decision. Hopefully you will make an informed decision. " so concerning a tow vehichle recommendation I can certianly give you one if that's not a snarky retorical question. Otherwise, I think this conversation is over. Feel free to PM me if you have further issues.
I respectfully disagree, however, here ya go - "I'm aware of my truck's capability and it's dll good."
Old 07-25-2021, 05:50 AM   #25
JDDilly

what you need to look at is the cargo capacity of your TV. It will be on a yellow sticker on the drivers door jam. Then add up all items added to the TV after coming off the line; people, gas, gear, WD hitch and anything else. The excess is what you have for tough weight. The 1900rd has a GVWR of 4700 lbs, yielding a hitch weight a little over 700 lbs. You will only know exactly by hitting a CAT scale. Many of the published numbers, or the ones sales people taught, are worthless when it comes to towing an RV.

Most of us on here have learned from our own past mistake of too much trailer for the TV. It is not safe and makes driving much more stressful. Good luck in your travels.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:35 AM   #26
skunked again

JDDilly - Thank You.
Old 07-25-2021, 03:00 PM   #27
Badbart56

For what it's worth, my wife and I are over the road (OTR) team truck drivers and we use an app called "Trucker Path" on our I-phones to find fuel, truck parking, rest areas and addresses when needed. There are others but this one is simple to use.

We also employ a Rand McNally Overdryve 8 Truck specific GPS and back that up with a Garmin truck specific unit. I say we use the app "as needed" for directions because sooner or later if you use these GPS units as much as we do you will find that one or more of them simply will not find some addresses.

Why am I recommending a truck GPS? They are readily available at any truck stop (although LOVES seems to have the best selection) and the are programable for whatever size trailer you are towing. 13' 6" is the standard clearance height for commercial vehicles and that is the max on RV heights also.

Our Rand cost about $500 and I think we payed about $375 for the Garmin, but this particular app is free and we have used it when the GPS has failed. They all seem to lock up at the absolute worst times too. None are perfect but the Rand has many features that are helpful in our occupation compared to less pricey units. I'm aware that there are RV specific GPS's available too, but they may be more expensive than the truck units and harder to find. Camping World likely charges a premium at their locations.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:47 PM   #28
skunked again

Thank You !