Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2023, 05:54 PM   #1
Zipsimons

Parryware toilet?! Never heard of it

Just trying to figure out if anyone has heard of this toilet. My 2015 sprinter 35BH (purchased in 2020) recently developed a little sewage smell while camping last weekend. It was not terrible and seemed to be only after uses and also is not there since getting back home. I suspected that one or both of the sealing rings needed to be replaced so I took a photo of the label so I could look up what one to get. It said PARRYWARE SPV-8088 then a barcode and a very long serial type number. I search and searched and search… nothing. I did find that the company makes a $16,000+ toilet for residential and that they are based in India but zero helpful information. I hate to pull the toilet and possibly destroy the seal (if crumbling) and discover a difficult to find part then have to plug things up and figure out the next move. I’m considering to just replace it because my wife hates how low it is anyway. Any thought?
Zipsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 06:26 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

I’ve never seen that brand of toilet in any RV. I would put a Dometic 320 in its place.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 06:47 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Never heard of a Parryware toilet. You bought a 2015 in 2020 so the previous owner must have bought something off the wall. Everything I find says Parryware toilets are from India. I would be pulling that immediately and replacing it with a Dometic 310/320 tomorrow.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 07:30 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Trekwood lists the Thetford AquaMagic II as the only toilet option (at least the only one they sell parts for). I wonder if Thetford subcontracted some toilets to that company as an "offshore money saving venture" ?????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 sprinter toilet.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	44754  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:05 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Trekwood lists the Thetford AquaMagic II as the only toilet option (at least the only one they sell parts for). I wonder if Thetford subcontracted some toilets to that company as an "offshore money saving venture" ?????
And give up the exquisite pleasure of the Aqua Magic bucket shaped torture instrument?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 02:36 AM   #6
Zipsimons

Thank you so much everyone! I was thinking it was very possible that the last owner swapped it. I’ve read a ton of stuff on my searches and it seams everyone loves that Dometic 320. I may consider that route. Just kills me to accept purchasing a new toilet over a mystery seal
Zipsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 06:09 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipsimons View Post
Thank you so much everyone! I was thinking it was very possible that the last owner swapped it. I’ve read a ton of stuff on my searches and it seams everyone loves that Dometic 320. I may consider that route. Just kills me to accept purchasing a new toilet over a mystery seal
You can always order the seals for the thetford from Amazon, when they arrive, just pull your old seals, compare them to the new seals (before you open the packa) and if they look the same, replace them, if they're significantly different, return them to Amazon and order the new toilet.....

That said, as George posted, the Thetford "aqua MAGIC" isn't considered by most to be a very MAGICAL appliance. Thetford fits into the same "mental category" as china bomb tires..... I've seen new owners remove them from a new trailer, before the first flush.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 08-02-2023, 06:46 AM   #8
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
You can always order the seals for the thetford from Amazon, when they arrive, just pull your old seals, compare them to the new seals (before you open the packa) and if they look the same, replace them, if they're significantly different, return them to Amazon and order the new toilet.....

That said, as George posted, the Thetford "aqua MAGIC" isn't considered by most to be a very MAGICAL appliance. Thetford fits into the same "mental category" as china bomb tires..... I've seen new owners remove them from a new trailer, before the first flush.....
I didn't remove my Aqua Magic immediately. I had to sit on it first then the order for a Dometic 320 Tall went in and thus we had to use the Aqua Magic for one camping trip. I considered a bucket outside but we had fellow campers in the vicinity.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 06:53 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I didn't remove my Aqua Magic immediately. I had to sit on it first then the order for a Dometic 320 Tall went in and thus we had to use the Aqua Magic for one camping trip. I considered a bucket outside but we had fellow campers in the vicinity.
I still have "the shivers" when I think back to changing the flush valve on our old Thetford toilets back in the 70's and 80's. The only way to get to the flush valve was to use a 12" extension with a half inch socket to pull the toilet, change the valve then "fidget with that nut" to reinstall the toilet using that 12" extension.... I DO NOT MISS THOSE DAYS !!!!! (nor do I miss Thetford's monstrosity) ....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 08-02-2023, 07:02 AM   #10
chuckster57
Site Team

Currently working on a Thetford Aria II….won’t hold water after replacing some seals, now to take it apart for the third time because the customer didn’t want to buy all the seals from the start.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 11:24 AM   #11
bobbecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipsimons View Post
Just trying to figure out if anyone has heard of this toilet. My 2015 sprinter 35BH (purchased in 2020) recently developed a little sewage smell while camping last weekend. It was not terrible and seemed to be only after uses and also is not there since getting back home. I suspected that one or both of the sealing rings needed to be replaced so I took a photo of the label so I could look up what one to get. It said PARRYWARE SPV-8088 then a barcode and a very long serial type number. I search and searched and search… nothing. I did find that the company makes a $16,000+ toilet for residential and that they are based in India but zero helpful information. I hate to pull the toilet and possibly destroy the seal (if crumbling) and discover a difficult to find part then have to plug things up and figure out the next move. I’m considering to just replace it because my wife hates how low it is anyway. Any thought?
It would be good if you could post that photo of the tag. If it is on the seat, after looking at the Parryware catalog, the number may refer to one of their toilet seats, not a toilet. If that is the case, hopefully your toilet is a real RV toilet. Maybe a photo of the toilet would be helpful too.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 10:12 AM   #12
Jmill8

Not sure if your comment said you have a Parryware or were just researching the brand. I have never heard of Parryware. I replaced a Tetford with a tall version of Tetford and it works fine, had to rearrange the water supply line to fit. Price was reasonable via Amazon.
Jmill8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 10:25 AM   #13
bobbecky

Parryware is located in India, so not sure about sales in the USA, and they don't seem to make RV toilets. https://www.parryware.in
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 06:53 AM   #14
CFDfireman90

I have had issues with the seals in my rig as well. I couldn’t find anything as to make or model. I used my phone to take pictures behind the toilet and saw a label the was half peeled off. I pull the label off and voila, Parryware. Tried many searches with no luck either. I plan to replace it at some point with a Dometic 320.
Old 08-16-2023, 12:00 PM   #15
440scout

I just installed a Dometic 320 in my (sob) 5th wheel and the mounting bolts need 11 inches to the wall behind the toilet. There was just enough room and the toilet is very lightly touching the rear wall. As most of you know that toilet is not only taller, its elongated, too!🙂
440scout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toilet