Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2020, 06:51 PM   #1
Buzzeebee

2020 Hideout 338lhs?

Just curious since I can't seem to locate a build sheet AND I don't have physical possession of the camper. The walk thru lady which by the way was in a hurry. Mentioned the water heater was gas only.. So my question is, do they actually make these with out it being a electric+gas?
Buzzeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:08 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Yes, they sure do make a "gas only water heater". They make several different models ranging from "standing pilot/gas only" to DSI gas only to DSI gas/electric to continuous hot water/gas only. They come in 6/10/12 gallon sizes.

The price goes up as the number of options increases. You can expect the less expensive travel trailers to have the less expensive water heaters, less expensive refrigerators, less expensive air conditioning systems, less expensive mattresses, less expensive ____ (fill in the blank)…..

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:20 AM   #3
CrazyCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Yes, they sure do make a "gas only water heater". They make several different models ranging from "standing pilot/gas only" to DSI gas only to DSI gas/electric to continuous hot water/gas only. They come in 6/10/12 gallon sizes.

The price goes up as the number of options increases. You can expect the less expensive travel trailers to have the less expensive water heaters, less expensive refrigerators, less expensive air conditioning systems, less expensive mattresses, less expensive ____ (fill in the blank)…..

That be me and the DW for sure!! So much more less to break and for now, works for us really well....

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:34 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCain View Post
[/COLOR]

That be me and the DW for sure!! So much more less to break and for now, works for us really well....
Sometimes, "Less is more".... There's a segment of RVing that wants, needs or just prefers the simple, no frills trailer. It may be as a "less expensive trial at RVing" it may be as a "this is what we can afford to start RVing" or it may be a "Our last half million dollar motorhome had all the gadgets and they were always broke so we will only buy a plain Jane RV from here on"...

There's nothing bad about entry level RV's, they do the same basic things that any RV does, just with less "bling". You can confirm that a small, single axle entry level RV can be as comfortable in 0 degree weather as a $100K "top of the line" 40' luxury model.

For most, it's about the experience, the memories made, places visited, comfort enjoyed and independence an RV gives to the journey, not which brand or feature is on mine and not on another that matters.....

Rv'ers are, in some aspect, the "Conestoga wagon pioneers" of this era. The big difference is we no longer pull them with horses, mules or cattle and our "Indians" don't attack the wagon train while the wagons are circled at night..... If that sounds "sort of romantic, adventurous and even thrilling" then you know why I'm still "pulling a trailer" after over 50 years of RVing. For me, it doesn't matter which brand someone owns, it's more the smiles and the friendship they share around a campfire or even a rest area parking lot as our "wagons pass on our quest to travel the wagon trails of today".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hideout