Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
tweetzone86

New here, and have an issue I need help with

Hello all!

My husband and I finally joined the rv world and purchased a 2019 Keystone Hideout 26lhswe on June 11th, 2019.

So...we are living in it on our property while we build our house. Summers can reach triple digits even this far north, and we had a great first week. Then...

We bought a honda EU3000is generator, and like I said the first week was beautiful. We were able to run our ac, fridge (on battery I think, though the auto light was on and is now off-more in a minute), electronics (laptop, tablet, charge phones-didn't get a tv for this rv). Water pump, etc.

Well, fast forward a week. We only use non-ethanol gasoline in the generator. We've been getting 15 hours solid running the ac full time (and again, being able to use other things too).

Now, the ac runs for a little bit, but the generator keeps turning off. It does the overload, then shuts off completely. I've even popped the breaker on the converter, turned off everything in the rv, unplugged, everything, etc and it's still doing it.

I can't figure out if it is a problem with my ac, the rv, or the generator. This is a $2,300 generator it should not be crapping out after one week. And this is a brand new rv that worked like a dream the first week-in theory, it should not be causing an issue either.

So does anyone have any ideas as to WHY the ac keeps overloading the generator? I didn't think it drew more power than the generator, and like I said, everything worked just fine the first week.

Completely baffled, high temps are coming, and we NEED this to work so we can stop running out to turn the generator back on multiple times a day.

(Also, the eco throttle is off, the choke is completely into the generator, the ac fan is on low (we aren't even attempting high fan), the oil and gas are full, etc).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I gotta figure out which one is busted/not working so I can take it to the repair shop. This is absurd that after one week we're already having power issues
tweetzone86 is offline   Reply With Quote