Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2017, 10:03 AM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Kevin, even if I had to tow it myself from Georgia to Indiana I'd be glad to have the factory do the repairs. And from the attitude of your local dealer, I'd be glad if they did the repairs. He sounds like he's got his "stuff" together. Thanks for the update.

When I was trying to find a solution for my slide problems I contacted Keystone directly and asked if I could bring my trailer to the factory for factory repairs. I would bring it to them from TX, leave it with them for however long, pay them the going hourly rate and take it back.....all on my dime. Keystone told me that they do not deal with individuals directly and would not let me take it to the factory. They did say that if the DEALER thought it needed to be done at the factory and referred it to them then they would consider taking it in.

If taking it to the factory seems to be an option you should probably mention that to the dealer so that he will know that is another "tool" in the tool kit to get the job done like you want.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:58 AM   #22
Kmc119

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
When I was trying to find a solution for my slide problems I contacted Keystone directly and asked if I could bring my trailer to the factory for factory repairs. I would bring it to them from TX, leave it with them for however long, pay them the going hourly rate and take it back.....all on my dime. Keystone told me that they do not deal with individuals directly and would not let me take it to the factory. They did say that if the DEALER thought it needed to be done at the factory and referred it to them then they would consider taking it in.

If taking it to the factory seems to be an option you should probably mention that to the dealer so that he will know that is another "tool" in the tool kit to get the job done like you want.
Like I said before, this specific unit is a lemon. I don't want this unit anymore. It came from the factory missing a plumbing cap, but somehow the screws that holds the missing plumbing cap was installed. Keystone jacked this one up completely. They need to replace the unit with a new one to rectify this situation. There has just been too much wrong with it for being a 2017, and only 3 months into its lifetime with me (first owner). 7 grand in labor alone to fix everything, plus new ceiling panels, seam strips, insulation, new front cap, new roof, etc... there are too many problems that have come about because of quality issues/manufacturing flaws on this unit. They can ship my dealer a new one, pick up this one and fix it if they want but the value of my 2017 has degraded by 50% because of thier mistakes from the factory. Even if it was fixed, who would pay what it should be worth knowing all of this went wrong with it.
Kmc119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:21 AM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmc119 View Post
Like I said before, this specific unit is a lemon. I don't want this unit anymore. It came from the factory missing a plumbing cap, but somehow the screws that holds the missing plumbing cap was installed. Keystone jacked this one up completely. They need to replace the unit with a new one to rectify this situation. There has just been too much wrong with it for being a 2017, and only 3 months into its lifetime with me (first owner). 7 grand in labor alone to fix everything, plus new ceiling panels, seam strips, insulation, new front cap, new roof, etc... there are too many problems that have come about because of quality issues/manufacturing flaws on this unit. They can ship my dealer a new one, pick up this one and fix it if they want but the value of my 2017 has degraded by 50% because of thier mistakes from the factory. Even if it was fixed, who would pay what it should be worth knowing all of this went wrong with it.

I'm not holding my breath but I wish you the best.........
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:27 AM   #24
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmc119 View Post
Even after all the fixes and the on going repairs you're still going to be left with a rebuilt piece of junk that you'll never be proud of.
I personally would fight this one to the bitter end. I've read so many times here how tough that it is to do this in America and it'll end up in a lawsuit but I'd still do it.
Here in Canada my brother in law and my sister bought a very nice trailer that ended up having a pile of issues. The dealer listed the repairs at about 5 grand and instead of repairing everything they within a week called them up and gave them their pick of a new one to take home. I think that's the way that it should always be done.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:41 AM   #25
Kmc119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
Even after all the fixes and the on going repairs you're still going to be left with a rebuilt piece of junk that you'll never be proud of.
I personally would fight this one to the bitter end. I've read so many times here how tough that it is to do this in America and it'll end up in a lawsuit but I'd still do it.
Here in Canada my brother in law and my sister bought a very nice trailer that ended up having a pile of issues. The dealer listed the repairs at about 5 grand and instead of repairing everything they within a week called them up and gave them their pick of a new one to take home. I think that's the way that it should always be done.
Well here's to hoping. The dealer I took it to, stated that I will not pick up the unit until it has Been replaced.
Kmc119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:09 PM   #26
chuckster57
Site Team

I hope you get the outcome your hoping for. Keep us informed.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:26 PM   #27
Bolo4u

Good luck with the outcome. In the interim, research your states lemon laws, if they have any...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bolo4u is offline   Reply With Quote