Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2021, 09:36 PM   #1
Summergirl

Solar Prep

We have a 2018 22RBPR.
Now we haven’t used this trailer very much.
Bought it used in Sept 2019 and used it three times before winter hit.
After extensive reading on this forum we decided in spring of 2020 to have a look at the floors. Yes we had the dreaded soft floor issue. Sent it off in the summer for 5 months for the floor replacement and the trailer is now back in our possession.

So we have been doing some upgrades so that we can do some boondocking as well as full hook up camping.

One of the things was to hook up the solar panels to help maintain the batteries. I was happy to see that we has the solar prep thinking that just plug and play.

This was not the case. So with further investigation of wondering where the wires went decided to pull the solar prep plug and see if it wiggled any wires. Low and behold the wires were not connected to anything. They hadn’t even been strip of the little plastic off the end. So them wondered what the two wires that were hooked up to the battery were for and where did they go? Gave them a light tug and out of the wire loom they came attached to nothing.

So..... I am guessing the person that was to hook this up was away that day. Hmmm now this has been back to factory for a full floor replacement and still came back that way.

All is not lost. Now I can wire the solar panel and controller the way I want and know it was done right. Got to love the quality control and testing of there product.

Now to go through the rest of the trailer and fix anything that is loose or disconnected after the floor replacement. Glad they gave us a full year.

Tags
solar