Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2021, 09:17 AM   #1
Ken / Claudia

Complaining about poor delivery services Non RV

Maybe it's the times, or just here, but the last few months I have had my share of deliveries messed up. I have started to pay attention to tracking, mainly to be available on date being dropped off.
I ordered a Yamaha genny, free shipping from CA. Instructions repeated the warning you must be home and sign for it or it will not be left. I did wait at home all day.
Near dark, I turned on all front of house lighting for the delivery person. About 8pm, I checked tracking and it said it was delivered. I checked and yes it was, no door knock, door bell ring or signing.
Next came the covers, tracking said delivered. It was not. I filled out a lost/stolen report through UPS. At midnight I used a flash light walking up and down my street. It was 2 houses away.
Latest issue, package showed USPS delivery, we have that office 2 miles away, the USP office 1 mile away. Only 1 of each in this town.
On delivery date, tracking said it was in my town at the USPS office, will be at my home end of day. It was not, tracking showed it went from here to Great Falls Mt. to be delivered at my home. 4 days later it was at Hillsboro Or. to be delivered to my house. 10 days later it showed up at front door. It was 2 miles from my house at 1 time and went about 550 miles east and another 450 miles west of my house. USPS blamed it on Amazon who dropped it off at my post office to start this problem. I checked and rechecked addresses and it was all perfect. USPS said they might have placed it on the wrong pallet when it was first here in town. Go figure. I feel lucky I even got it.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:21 AM   #2
travelin texans

Have had some of the same issues. We're at a rv resort with no USPS delivery & most time UPS says non deliverable, but drops off at the house across the street nearly every day, but can't deliver to me????
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:19 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Ken you are right. Delivery of anything and everything has gone to pot. If it's USPS you might as well get ready to do some sleuthing in most cases. They seemingly don't know where anything is despite what their tracking information says.

Don't know if all these carriers are terrified of covid, fired everyone over it or they just caught it and it affected their brains but accuracy of deliveries, and guaranteed delivery dates, are both seemingly extinct.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:59 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

We had lots of problems with delivery from EVERYBODY when we first built here. It started by us having to get a "registered address" on the property before we built. There was an old cabin previously, we only used it a couple of weeks/weekends a year, so we never even thought about a "residential address"...

When we built, the county assigned a street address... USPS, UPS, FedEx, Ball Freight, Lowe's, Home Depot, Fireball Freight.... Just to name a few that refused to believe there was "such an address that their GPS didn't have in the system".... So, the battles began....

Now, after almost 12 years, most of those "you don't live there" issues are resolved. It helped to give the UPS delivery driver a small token Christmas gift every year. USPS, on the other hand, well, as a "government function" there's no fighting city hall.... As an example, Gaylord is the "drop-off point" for all area mail. From downstate, it's dropped off in Gaylord, then goes to Traverse City for "sorting" and then back to Gaylord for processing and delivery.... So, add 3 days to any USPS package for "BS handling".... And there's no way around it, just ask the postmaster who says, "Blame the district." District says, "Blame the region" Region says, "blame the Postmaster General". Postmaster General says, "Blame congress" and Congress says, "We don't have any responsibility for postal internal operations"... So.....

At least the container of cookies every December has rewarded us with reliable UPS deliveries..... USPS, well they still drop off a slip in the neighbor's mailbox, telling them that we have a package at the post office which is only open 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours on Mon, Wed, Fri afternoons..... Don't forget to wear a mask, and if the counter clerk doesn't see you at the hand sanitizer station, she'll refuse to serve you until you go back and sanitize hands again, with her watching....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:15 PM   #5
markcee

100% agree.

Both USPS and UPS delivery has gone downhill. Rarely does anything I'm waiting for from these carriers stay on track with the original delivery projection. Last year, UPS lost an entire Dometic A/C I ordered, after it arrived at their state of the art Goodyear, AZ facility.....only 30 more minutes to go to my house....lol. It then took a few weeks after initiating the case for them to finally confirm they had no idea where it was or what happened.

Conversely, I think Amazon does do a pretty good job at staying on schedule, at least around here. I think they now do most of their own delivery.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:29 PM   #6
notanlines

Thank you, USPS, our cheese sent from friends for Christmas hasn’t arrived yet, and we got my mom’s Christmas card, mailed from Wisconsin on 12-7 arrived 2-22. This has been normal in Florida for many years. Covid has nothing to do with it.
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:07 PM   #7
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Thank you, USPS, our cheese sent from friends for Christmas hasn’t arrived yet.
USPS realizes that many cheeses require aging to reach their full potential.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:24 PM   #8
hornet28

That's odd. I've bought 12 separate items on EBay so far this year. They came from one end of the country to the other and the longest shipping took was 4 days. My wife has bought several things from Amazon with the same luck
1917 T roadster 270 Hemi/4 spd
34' car trailer w/63" semi sleeper on the front
hornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 05:51 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet28 View Post
That's odd. I've bought 12 separate items on EBay so far this year. They came from one end of the country to the other and the longest shipping took was 4 days. My wife has bought several things from Amazon with the same luck
I order parts from a supply house in southern California that always ships USPS. I typically get packages from that dealer faster than I do from a dealership in Grand Rapids and one in Detroit.... California= 3 days, Detroit or Grand Rapids= 4 or sometimes 5 days.

Amazon uses UPS for all deliveries up here. Last year Prime was 2 day delivery. Now it's "shipped on Monday and delivered on Wednesday" almost exclusively... No, we've never "selected our Prime day"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 06:28 PM   #10
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
USPS realizes that many cheeses require aging to reach their full potential.
I see the USPS wants to raise rates and slow deliveries

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:26 PM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I order parts from a supply house in southern California that always ships USPS. I typically get packages from that dealer faster than I do from a dealership in Grand Rapids and one in Detroit.... California= 3 days, Detroit or Grand Rapids= 4 or sometimes 5 days.

Amazon uses UPS for all deliveries up here. Last year Prime was 2 day delivery. Now it's "shipped on Monday and delivered on Wednesday" almost exclusively... No, we've never "selected our Prime day"....
When the various merchants and shippers decided on ways to deal with covid the results ran all over the map. In FL we used to have most things from Amazon shipped via UPS; now it's "who knows". And whoever it is seems to want to use their "shipping partner", USPS, in some fashion. Fedex has done pretty good, and they used to be spot on, but now the actual delivery date, not what is posted on tracking, won't be known until delivery day...after it wasn't delivered on the original delivery date. It is what it is, but it's not right.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:22 PM   #12
Summergirl

I order an item from eBay in the USA as I am in Canada. It left January 18 from Colorado via USPS. From there it has gone to Nebraska and then to Illinois and now finally has arrived in the Canadian customs clearing center. Between USPS taking 5 weeks to send something to our clearance center and our post office to get it to me I am hoping to see it in the next couple of weeks.
The really stupid part is that it went from the west coast to the east coast only to come back to the west coast. Not very efficient.
Got to love the snail mail service.
Old 03-01-2021, 03:09 PM   #13
flybouy
Site Team

It's everywhere. IMHO Covid is both a cause and an excuse. FedEx is the worst for me. Lazy drivers that toss my stuff onto my porch from 10' away. I think either they hired out of work newspaper delivery kids or folks who want to "3 point basketball aces". The only person that rings the doorbell anymore are is the mailman that we've had for 22 years.

The don't care attitude has permeated to the garbage collectors as well. Sometimes they come on the scheduled pick up day at 5 a.m. sometimes it's the next day, or maybe the day after that. One thing is guaranteed and that is after they come I have to pick up other people's trash from the street in front of my house. In the past I would give the crew some money ax Christmas and they never complained about what I was setting out. Now days I never see the same crew two weeks in a row and the company has been sold 4 times in the last 5 years. Just another sad sign of the times.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 03:22 PM   #14
Fishsizzle

So I will add to the list.

2 yes 2 fireplaces sent back to Amazon and now a transfer switch I just unboxed for the coach.

Went to recpro to get a different fireplace. Will look for a switch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B80A6DB0-1295-45AC-B22F-82DF372A5382.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	32677   Click image for larger version

Name:	5CDA3303-BF27-47BC-9F9F-8311EB0EDDD8.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	32678   Click image for larger version

Name:	87F49738-AC8A-4604-B8DC-10C2CA0A7118.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	32679  
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:58 AM   #15
notanlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
I see the USPS wants to raise rates and slow deliveries
And how would this make any difference. This is what they have done for 60 years and it hasn't worked yet.
It is now March 28th and no, the cheese hasn't made it. It just never showed period. I'm guess the USPS personnel are standing around at this very minute 'cutting the cheese.' They appear to not do much else.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
Old 03-28-2021, 05:01 AM   #16
rhagfo

I will add my two cents.
I ordered a replacement furnace fan motor for our 5er from Amazon. It cane came out of San Bernardino, CA to Silver Falls, OR. Amazon tracking showed it going around in circles in Californian, then on the night before delivery day showed handed off to another carrier (USPS) in Portland. It arrived as scheduled, BUT they put it in a padded envelope with the motor in the flimsy shelf box, with the top open. I check the shafts and both seemed straight.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 05:27 AM   #17
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
I will add my two cents.
I ordered a replacement furnace fan motor for our 5er from Amazon. It cane came out of San Bernardino, CA to Silver Falls, OR. Amazon tracking showed it going around in circles in Californian, then on the night before delivery day showed handed off to another carrier (USPS) in Portland. It arrived as scheduled, BUT they put it in a padded envelope with the motor in the flimsy shelf box, with the top open. I check the shafts and both seemed straight.
Hey Russ ,you may want to order the blower wheel also. If you keep the old one I would just clean it up with a degreaser and water hose ,brush it and get it as best as I could...clean the shaft up with a little emery cloth and spray a little pb blaster on the shaft. I have a blower wheel puller because sometimes the wheel is seized to the shaft and you can damage it trying to remove it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A7A95DF6-33D2-46CC-B7C9-22DA37E5A006.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	32687  
Old 06-24-2022, 09:51 AM   #18
wegone

Yep, it's an issue everywhere, just wish they would delay political lie flyers propaganda and deliver it AFTER the elections.....

Might stand a better chance at getting folk who really care about our real everyday problems, instead
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:14 PM   #19
xrated

I could go on and on for multiple incidents, and since I'm retired now.......nah....it's too depressing. So I'll just list a couple, first the funniest one.

Last month (May) we received a Christmas card that was mailed back in Dec. 2021. They must have strapped that one on a turtle or a snail....no idea, but at least we got it.

Now the one that made me mad, and to this day, almost 5 years later I still have no idea what happened or how they did it. So I had ordered a trailer hitch receiver for my wife's new car (2017 Santa Fe). We were going to use it only for putting a bike rack in it and be able to transport our bicycles without having to use my Diesel Dually. Shipment time was about 4 days from etrailer.com and the delivery guy came to the door and rang the doorbell. I was expecting it that day, so no surprise there and he ask me where I wanted it before he carried it to the door. I told him I'd open the garage door and he could just put it in there for now. He drags this "what's left of a box" out of the truck and carries it over to the garage and sets it on the floor. I looked at the box and thought, WOW....how could they mess the box up that bad? Well, it's a full frame mount steel tube trailer hitch receiver so at least they probably didn't damage it, except maybe a few paint scratches. He drives off and I start taking the box off of it (there wasn't enough box left to take the hitch out of the box) and start looking it over. To my utter and total surprise, the driver side mounting point flange was bent almost 3/4" inward. That particular piece was 3/8" thick and was bent so bad that the hitch literally would not fit up inbetween the frame rails of the SUV. I got a new one sent, but I told the vendor that I couldn't send the old one back till the new one got here because I needed the box that the new one came in....and they agreed to go ahead and send the new one to me. I still to this day cannot figure how it got bent up so badly, especially as thick as it was.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:12 PM   #20
notanlines

Our experience has been much different. Never, but NEVER trust the USPS to do ANYTHING but deliver your mail/packages late, later, or never.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000