Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2021, 02:27 PM   #1
buzzcop63

RV Magazine

Trailer Life and MotorHome magazine have supplied us with RV information for many years and now they have combined publications to RV Magazine, I just received my first copy and wondering what this community of RV thinks of this change?

For me reading all the user write in's on technical problems as well as repair complaints, in depth look at new Trailers and MotorHomes was looked forward to each month. Like this Forum their was much to be learned. The new combined publication seems to leave much to be desired?
Old 01-07-2021, 02:34 PM   #2
dutchmensport

I quit taking Trailer Life years ago when it got thinner and thinner and more and more ads. Have not missed it. Some searching on the Internet and I can find anything I'm wanting to read up on, or learn about. And forums help with one-on-one questions. YouTube video shows demonstrations and how-to's. And oh, Trailer Life Magazine still has multiple back-issues on-line for free and no subscription. I do like the 10 minute tech articles. Lots of creative ideas. But noticed, several seem to repeat the same or similar ideas too. I have found the various "Hacks" YouTube videos has is more beneficial than 10 Minute Tech these days.

I never got into Motor Home magazine, although I did occasionally buy one from the store, but not in a long time.

The combined effort at Good Sam to save a few bucks is OK, but not for me. And I find visiting my local dealership (and there are many in Indiana) and stepping inside the new models is more fun that looking at pictures of them.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:57 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

For me, Trailer Life used to be a valued source of information. Then it changed to a "magazine ad for Camping World" and became a repeating "new model reveal" for their major advertisers with little to no mention of trailers from manufacturers who do not advertise with Trailer Life or offer good incentives on the Camping World sales lots... In other words, if you're not one of the "good ole' boys" you're left out of the magazine glory pages....

Over the past several years, the magazine has become thinner and cheaper with major ads for everything from "men's hormones" to Harbor Freight. I stopped my subscription about a year ago, so far they haven't stopped sending the magazine, so I use it to "occupy toilet time" while I'm waiting..... For me, that's about all it's worth any more.

Like 57 Chevy's and 65 GTO's, TL has not kept up with the fascination they held in the beginning.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:47 AM   #4
spicercars

I have also had trailer life for yours and yes it has gotten thinner and thinner. Now with the new RV life there is nothing that interests me anymore. I will not be renewing when it time.
Old 01-08-2021, 05:32 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

I had a "free subscription" years ago and never thought it was worth paying for. It reminded me of the "Sky Mall" magazine that constantly stared back at me from the airline seat pocket. Pretty pictures of stuff I had no intention of ever purchasing. Very little substance in between the ads.

JMHO
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:37 PM   #6
Old Mustanger

Very disappointed in the new RV magazine, no tech, no question/answer column, and the articles are not in depth. I get 1 more issue, left from my Trailer Life subscription and will not be renewing.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 02:35 PM   #7
SummitPond

I've got to agree with all the prior statements: it's not worth the paper it's printed on. Even the DW thinks it's terrible. We will not be renewing.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 03:22 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Come 'on guys, you don't have to PAY for the magazine - I get them free every month - just buy a new RV when the subscription expires (CW).

Seriously I used to very much look forward to Trailer Life back in the 80s or so - I really enjoyed it. Fast forward to today and all the previous comments are on point. But think about; a redeeming factor maybe - you get to see pages of ads of RVs on sale 2000 miles from you, or maybe a Camco geewhizzit on sale at CW! Now that's a grabber! Nah, I'm not a fan.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote