Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2020, 01:21 PM   #21
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprky69 View Post
Maybe explain a little more about the roof seal RV Armor? Specialized installers? Live in Indiana, camper is new Cloverdale. 29' Keystone Hideout. Approx. cost to do? Thanks Bill

I had my roof done 2 or 3 years ago. Ripped it on a tree limb and didn't see the damage till we got to our campground. I put in an insurance claim and ended up spending about $300 or so deductible. I checked with local place that used a variation of the truck bed liner; that looked good except the insurance company wouldn't pay the ransom; far too expensive. This price may vary depending on locale. I checked with rvroof.com and you have to take your camper to one of their installers and leave it. The nearest to me is about 3 hours away. The installer is also the seller and was willing to work with my insurance. They have a good rep. I chose https://rv-armor.com/ because their trained/certified techs come to your location and complete the work. They charge by the linear foot and I can't recall exactly how much that was when my 27' foot camper was done but it was reasonable in my opinion. Make sure the installer is paid a couple extra bucks and removes your A/C so they will coat right around the penetration edges; this is a small additional charge. I also checked with Class A RV Repair in Pipe Creek and to install a new rubber roof (EPDM or whatever) was a bit more.

The RV-Armor roof is guaranteed for life and the warranty goes with the VIN of the trailer and stays with the trailer if sold; a good selling point Price is about $150 a linear foot right now per RV-Armor website. Contact me via PM if I can help.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:49 PM   #22
RK1978

I was curious about the cost to do the roof on my Hideout 26BH so I checked with RV Armor and they gave me an estimate of about 3900, they do it here and take 2 days. This was last year's data.
PR
RK1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:06 AM   #23
Roscommon48

get it into a shop for their assessment. we can't tell you what to recommend via the forum.

I would be concerned if water has gotten into the trailer through openings.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof