Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2020, 03:37 PM   #1
staffa6

Factory Return

We have a 2018 Passport 2810BH and the one year warranty is about up. We took it in for service and Keystone called us and told us that that want to bring it to the factory to make the repairs. There is possible water damage from the front cap which has gone below the crawl through storage area. A few questions that it seems can not get answered, was wondering if anyone can assist?
What are the expectations from the factory repairs?
How long should it take?
Will the factory repair all items on the warranty list or will it go back to the service place to make these final repairs?
What is your experience with factory repairs for warranty items?
staffa6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 03:57 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffa6 View Post
We have a 2018 Passport 2810BH and the one year warranty is about up. We took it in for service and Keystone called us and told us that that want to bring it to the factory to make the repairs. There is possible water damage from the front cap which has gone below the crawl through storage area. A few questions that it seems can not get answered, was wondering if anyone can assist?
What are the expectations from the factory repairs?
How long should it take?
Will the factory repair all items on the warranty list or will it go back to the service place to make these final repairs?
What is your experience with factory repairs for warranty items?
I believe you had best talk to your dealer. Not knowing what warranty items you want repaired, no one will be able to answer. Many of the appliances are warranted through the appliance vendor I think. Small items like leaks and trim perhaps the dealer. Why haven't you discussed this with your dealer?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:31 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I have not had your experience. I will say that "used to" Keystone taking a trailer back to the factory to repair it was sort of "pie in the sky". Now it appears they are taking more and more of them back due to water damage. Lots of them, if memory is working, seem to come from the 18 model year and your line of trailer along with a couple more.

From what I've read the factory repairs come back pretty nice...but there is the down time. On the other hand, if the damage is that extensive your dealer is not going to be capable of doing the kind of repair the factory can. The other items I figure will be done by the dealer, but, Keystone might just "fix it up" while they have it. The dealer should be able to tell you that, or if Keystone is negotiating this with you directly, they can.

Whatever the situation I would not look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak. Getting Keystone to take back a trailer for major repairs has been something many have wished for but never received.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:59 PM   #4
staffa6

Thank you for the information, I am military and unfortunately I have moved across the country since buying. Camping World was my dealer and I have been going through them, I don’t have any issues with the appliances and the “service center” that I have is a Keystone/ camping world 3rd party approved place.
staffa6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:23 PM   #5
Summergirl

Yes there are lots of trailers going back including ours. They are picking up The week of July 20 for service date for a floor repair star of July 27. We were told that it will be 6-8 weeks but realistic we wouldn’t see it back until First week of Oct.
Also ours is going back to the Pendleton Oregon plant as we are in the west coast.
There is a growing number of units being returned to factory for a floor replacement.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:05 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffa6 View Post
Thank you for the information, I am military and unfortunately I have moved across the country since buying. Camping World was my dealer and I have been going through them, I don’t have any issues with the appliances and the “service center” that I have is a Keystone/ camping world 3rd party approved place.
Based on your statement and your profile, I'm guessing you bought your trailer on the "east coast" and are currently on the "west coast" ???

If so, Keystone has a manufacturing facility in Pendleton, Oregon. That plant has rebuilt the floor in several trailers for members of this forum. It may be possible for Keystone to schedule your trailer for repair in Oregon. You'd need to contact Keystone's Customer Service and discuss the possibility.

The trailer brand, floorplan, etc may be limiting factors that would prevent "just any Keystone trailer" from being repaired at the Oregon facility, but you'll never know if you don't ask the question.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:01 AM   #7
rose

@staffa6 any update on your repair? How long did it take? Did it come back in good condition?
rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 12:47 PM   #8
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose View Post
@staffa6 any update on your repair? How long did it take? Did it come back in good condition?

The OP hasn't returned to the site since Oct 4th of last year. Just came to vent I suppose or lost interest.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 04:04 PM   #9
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
The OP hasn't returned to the site since Oct 4th of last year. Just came to vent I suppose or lost interest.
Maybe the OP is following this thread lol knowing it started a Keystone forms dumpster fire.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote