Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2021, 01:56 PM   #21
Rdynbama

Personally I think the dealership keeps them longer when they are under warranty so you can’t use it and possibly find more warranty issues .
JMHO

2011 F450 Lariat
Anderson Ultimate Hitch
Rdynbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:21 PM   #22
JDDilly

I did the same thing last fall. Took it in for some warranty work. A few items they could complete and others they got approval from Keystone and I brought it home for the winter. They are ordering the last couple parts and I have an appointment for April 11. They are going to repair it while I wait, they figure 2 hours, and I will bring it home.

This is at our local Camping World, NW of Minneapolis. I cannot begin to tell you how good the service has been from them.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 05:51 AM   #23
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdynbama View Post
Personally I think the dealership keeps them longer when they are under warranty so you can’t use it and possibly find more warranty issues .
JMHO
While there may be a few that do that, none of the dealerships I worked at did that. Didn’t have the space, and had too much work to do already.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 04:43 AM   #24
jimborokz

Seems I have the opposite problem of most folks. We are snow birds and live in a vacation area in upstate NY. We do little or no camping during the summer. The DW doesn't like having the rv parked in the driveway all summer so when we come home if I have service that is needed I schedule at the dealer and tell him "no hurry" hoping I can get some free storage there. Of course nothing has ever taken over a week.

As for damage, one year while in the south I discovered by tire wear that I had a bent axle. Dropped it at a local dealer for a fix while we went home for the Christmas holidays. When I came back to pick it up they embarrassingly told me when they went to move it out of the bay they realized they had left the lug nuts off one wheel when it came off damaging the J-wrap and fender. They of course fixed it on their dime and it now looks like new.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:38 PM   #25
jaydubya8533

It happened to me

I took my new Keystone TT back to the dealer where I bought it just a month prior to get some warranty work done. About a week later the dealer calls and says, "There was a fire." An RV parked next to mine on their lot ignited, and the fire spread to 4 RVs altogether. Before I could say "You're responsible" the dealer says they've already contacted their insurance company and they will be replacing my TT with a brand new identical model. My homeowners' policy covered my contents, so all was out was about a month of the camping season.
jaydubya8533 is offline   Reply With Quote