Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2018, 11:49 AM   #21
Getn off

I was just quoted $7000 today for one in the Orlando area (superior sheds). 12' x 45'. Extra panels on the sides (3'). Aint gonna happen! Looking at other companies now.
Troy
2018 F350 CC 6.7 PSD drw…Gone.
2021 F350 CC 6.7 PSD drw Platinum…Gone
Getn off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:25 PM   #22
B-O-B'03

I have posted this in a few other threads.

This is what the DW would allow me to put in, no metal siding, poles or the like.

It was 6K, including 30 amp service and water.

-Brian
Old 11-07-2018, 12:10 AM   #23
Wing-in-it

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-O-B'03 View Post
I have posted this in a few other threads.

This is what the DW would allow me to put in, no metal siding, poles or the like.

It was 6K, including 30 amp service and water.

-Brian
Nice!

I like the concrete pad....was that included as well? I was quoted close to 15k for just the pad, I nearly soiled my pants!

2015 Fuzion 325
2020 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7 HO Aisin
Chesterfield, VA.
Wing-in-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:50 PM   #24
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing-in-it View Post
$4,200.00 Installed.

20x41 with 12 foot legs and 3 foot sides. They through in the sunshade you see on the side. ( and yes 12 foot legs will clear your a/c units, I’m 13’ 4” in Height) Vertical roof and Hurricane certified.

I got that size so I can open my slides and store my tractor and other stuff out of the weather.

Just an FYI your ground HAS to be within 4 inches of level for proper installation.

Thanks. At least I have something to compare with.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:12 PM   #25
LadyFaire

Quote:
As far as I’m concerned an RV awning is the best way to go.....

Best bang for your buck...I wish I did it years ago.

We had plans, price quotes, etc for a 'car port' for the camper. But then Mom died this September, and we no longer have a reason or obligation to stay in Virginia. We plan on escaping this coming spring/early summer. Therefore, the car port went right out the window. We will most likely have a barn (metal building or whathaveyou) constructed on the new property. But, this is my first winter with this camper, and I've been worried about the roof. Every single RV cover I have looked at (under $400) is made from non-woven fabric, like a reusable grocery bag. As a seamstress, I know exactly how durable that fabric is. It isn't. The reviews I've read on ALL of the covers have at least a significant percentage of people fussing that the covers shredded in the first winter storm. Are there ANY durable covers that will allow the camper to breathe (NOT grow mold and mildew) and yet protect the roof and seams and not set me back too much money??

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 30B
2019 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 SR V6
TINSTAAFL - "there is no such thing as a free lunch" Any farmer can tell you:
"you don't work, you don't eat." It is that simple.
LadyFaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 01:20 PM   #26
jasin1

My neighbor just purchased a kit from versatube that looks pretty solid. Shipping was included in price and he installed himself. His was a smaller unit then what I would need but he is pretty happy with it
Old 11-12-2020, 01:57 PM   #27
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFaire View Post
We had plans, price quotes, etc for a 'car port' for the camper. But then Mom died this September, and we no longer have a reason or obligation to stay in Virginia. We plan on escaping this coming spring/early summer. Therefore, the car port went right out the window. We will most likely have a barn (metal building or whathaveyou) constructed on the new property. But, this is my first winter with this camper, and I've been worried about the roof. Every single RV cover I have looked at (under $400) is made from non-woven fabric, like a reusable grocery bag. As a seamstress, I know exactly how durable that fabric is. It isn't. The reviews I've read on ALL of the covers have at least a significant percentage of people fussing that the covers shredded in the first winter storm. Are there ANY durable covers that will allow the camper to breathe (NOT grow mold and mildew) and yet protect the roof and seams and not set me back too much money??
Clean, inspect & recaulk the roof, give the sides a good wax job & save the $$ on the cover.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 02:11 PM   #28
LadyFaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Clean, inspect & recaulk the roof, give the sides a good wax job & save the $$ on the cover.

How does one find out if the roof will support weight? It would be a LOT easier if I could get UP there to clean, recaulk, etc.

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 30B
2019 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 SR V6
TINSTAAFL - "there is no such thing as a free lunch" Any farmer can tell you:
"you don't work, you don't eat." It is that simple.
LadyFaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 02:45 PM   #29
jxnbbl

Bought it was it a good decision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFaire View Post
How does one find out if the roof will support weight? It would be a LOT easier if I could get UP there to clean, recaulk, etc.
Actually I know the answer to this for your trailer - since I read it last week (prior to putting the cover on). The thread on this is:

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=29861

I happen to have a walkable roof and bought a cover (ado). To be honest when I bought the trailer being a newbie I was so tired they could have upsold me on anything. As the other person from NH stated with all out snow, leaves, etc this is the only way to go for boats (I do my own shrinkwrapping)...so throw the cover into the package...
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 02:42 PM   #30
jack65

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
There has been too many threads to count on this subject, and it seems the majority is still no cover, just a good quality coat of wax/paint sealer.

If you search “RV COVER” you will have enough reading to last until spring.
I searched and found these threads, but remember, many newbies don't know about searching, especially if they're an old fogy like me, this guy had less than 10 posts at the time I owned/ran a Corvette forum for over 15 years... never bothered me if they asked a popular question for the upteempth time. Replying to an old thread? Yup, thats me. That's why they have a forum is to help people, old thread or new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoGuy View Post
That’s a great deal! A 12’ x 40’ w/ 6’ sides with 12 gauge uprights every 5’ is $4800 here in CA, quoted 2 weeks ago.
Quote:
Daggone! That’s a lot more out there! I wonder why?

That's because it's CA is why.
K&N 71-1561 Air Intake w/FlowMaster Exhaust system.
jack65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover