Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2023, 10:57 PM   #61
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibdagriz View Post
Ruidoso/ Alto, NM. is nice and only about 800 miles away.
Oooh! DW and I looked at visiting both Ruidoso and Angel Fire 25 years ago, but passed on them because it was winter on that trip, and we never thought about them again. I think it's time.
Old 07-26-2023, 12:42 PM   #62
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Oooh! DW and I looked at visiting both Ruidoso and Angel Fire 25 years ago, but passed on them because it was winter on that trip, and we never thought about them again. I think it's time.
I just talked to a friend about Ruidoso. She thought it was pretty dry and gritty. More research needed.
Angel Fire..my sister has a summer house up in the mountains. She’s had it 7-8 years. You think she’s invited us? Heck no. My bother just TOLD her he was on his way to visit.
There are two rv parks in Angel Fire. One relatively new. Maybe near the airport.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 01:37 PM   #63
sourdough
Site Team

Angel Fire is a long way from nothing so be prepared. Next to nothing there but a couple of little restaurants. There's a ski lift in winter but....not in summer. Nearest real grocery store is....I have no idea. You could drive the enchanted circle though from Angel Fire to Eagles Nest then Red River, Taos and back - then just sit around the rest of the time you're there....be sure and take everything you need....

As far as Ruidoso goes it will be warm this time of year in this heat wave. I think I looked the other day and it was pushing 90. The elevation is less than 7k'.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 07:13 PM   #64
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Just a comment, but the USS Badger had a problem with a lift ramp this past weekend and is "grounded for repairs until further notice".... They are offering passengers with reservations a choice of rescheduling when operations resume or a complete refund. There is no "repair timeline" and the company put out a statement that they would provide public notice when the Badger resumes operations.
The USS Badger company announced today that the damage is too catastrophic (their words not mine) and the repairs can not be done in time to resume operations this season. They are offering refunds for anyone with reservations for the rest of the season. The announcement ended with a statement that the company "hopes to resume normal operations next spring".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote