Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
jq1031

Unhappy Propane Quick Connect on LAREDO

The gas (grill) quick connect installed on my TT is ready to go. The problem is, what fittings including the male end of the quick connect do I need to attach to my Weber Q hose that was formerly used with a propane bottle. This simple thing is becoming a problem as everywhere I look including CW nothing seems to work. Also is the attached female part of the QC 1/4" or 1/2"? Any help or advise appreciated.
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
Bob Landry

Someone will want to jump in here and talk about the size of commercial and industrial fittings, (it's happened before)so for all interested, this is about RVs. The common sizes used are 1/4" & 3/8".

If you remove the regulator from your Weber grill,(some disassemly required, but it's easy) the size or the male QC fitting is 1/4" with 1/4" NPT threads. Attach it using yellow thread tape.Attach the female part to your hose. You may have to use an additional fitting to mate the female part to your propane hose, but everybody sells brass fittings and you won't have any problem finding what you need. On the trailer end, the gas QC on my Outback is also 1/4". Your's is probably the same. I found the tag on mine that said it was made by Fairview fittings. I Googled and found an on-line dealer that sold those fittings and was able to order just a 1/4" male part to a QC. Another brass fitting adapted it to my grill hose and since my grill hose has the same size male fitting as the hose on the outdoor kitchen, I can use either the outdoor cookstove or the weber grill off of the same QC.(Not at the same time) I tried to find the name of the outfit I ordered the male fitting from, but I couldn't, but Google search will show several. I'll look around again and if I can find it, I'll post it. Hope this helps.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
jq1031

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
Someone will want to jump in here and talk about the size of commercial and fittings, (it's happened before)so for all interested, this is about RVs. The common sizes used are 1/4" & 3/8".

If you remove the regulator from your Weber grill,(some disassemly required, but it's easy) the size or the male QC fitting is 1/4" with 1/4" NPT threads. Attach it using yellow thread tape.Attach the female part to your hose. You may have to use an additional fitting to mate the female part to your propane hose, but everybody sells brass fittings and you won't have any problem finding what you need. On the trailer end, the gas QC on my Outback is also 1/4". Your's is probably the same. I found the tag on mine that said it was made by Fairview fittings. I Googled and found an on-line dealer that sold those fittings and was able to order just a 1/4" male part to a QC. Another brass fitting adapted it to my grill hose and since my grill hose has the same size male fitting as the hose on the outdoor kitchen, I can use either the outdoor cookstove or the weber grill off of the same QC.(Not at the same time) I tried to find the name of the outfit I ordered the male fitting from, but I couldn't, but Google search will show several. I'll look around again and if I can find it, I'll post it. Hope this helps.
Thanks Bob, that is definately a big help & good start to resolving this issue!
Old 04-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
Bob Landry

Here;s the link to where I ordered mine. The shipping was more than the part. This gets your grill propane hose compatible with the QC on your trailer.

http://www.campersdirect.com/keyston...s&ITEM=4500044
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
jq1031

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
Here;s the link to where I ordered mine. The shipping was more than the part. This gets your grill propane hose compatible with the QC on your trailer.

http://www.campersdirect.com/keyston...s&ITEM=4500044
Thanks again, I found it at another site & like you paid more for the S&H then the part itself, anyways it's on it's way.......joe
Old 05-01-2011, 06:57 AM   #6
rebelfan

I have a fuzion that has a QC on the gas line by the front steps, so I purchased a portable gas grill, but when I went to order a gas hose from Camping World to hook it up they told me it was a low presure line and would not work. I believe this gas line is a regular lp gas line and if I had the correct fitting it would work.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
rebelfan is offline   Reply With Quote