Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
my07tundra

Active Duty Army with 2015 Keystone Sprinter 320BHS

I've been watching these forums for a couple weeks now and gained lots of helpful information for my new travel trailer.

Background: I'm a Master Sergeant with 17.5 years in the Army. I'm from Kansas City, Missouri and currently stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas. The wife and I own a home here and remain near extended family. I have been selected for the Sergeants Major Academy at Ft. Bliss, Texas and will be moving there for 9 months in August. Since 2 of my 3 kids are in high school we decided not to move them around anymore. So the travel trailer is my cheapest option as a geographical bachelor.

What we bought. I bought a 2014 Keystone Sprinter 320BHS bunkhouse and am extremely please thus far. Our dealer knows my family and also has a son who is active duty military. This guy hooked me up with a lot of stuff at cost or free. The dealer is LibertyRV in Missouri if you are wondering.

Our trailer has dual propane tanks with auto switching, electric jack, loaded kitchen and living area. Queen bed in the back as a slide out and dual bunks with drop down table in the front for kids. Sofa is a pull out and the dining table is a drop down also. I had the dealer add a second AC unit for the master bedroom and a Direct TV automatic tuning satellite system. Everything has worked exactly as it should so far.

The only problem I ran into on my test run prior to hanging at a camp was with the hot water heater. The dealer still had that part winterized and I couldn't get water into the tank because the water valve was off. Had to remove a panel and fix that. Then the drain hole with corrosive rod wasn't screwed in and water poured at the side. Quick fix though and all is working great.

I'm pulling my trailer with a 2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax SR5 off road truck. Engine has no issues hauling this thing but it does consume some gas. The suspension is descent. I have the TRD offroad package and this trailer with anti-sway kit definitely tests the spring limits.
my07tundra is offline   Reply With Quote